Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda: Next Wolfenstein game coming to Switch

I’m really loving Bethesda’s support. I really hope we get Fallout 4 on the Switch next year, that would be great.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

I thought that sub 100.000 units was a failure...So i was wrong.

For info :

PS4 : 1,21 M

XBOX1 : 620.000

NS : 80.000

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

The biggest news here is we are getting another. Not sure if amnesias numbers are accurate but it so about 2m units sold between ps4 and xb1 versions is impressive.

Stuart23 said:
By the way he worded, I wonder if he was talking about W3 instead of Youngblood. Well Youngblood on Switch at least is pretty much a given at this point.

Youngblood was already confirmed for Switch back at E3.

Seems the game must have sold well enough to warrant the continued support!Thats good to hear.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

How the hell does Bethesda of all companies provide better and more consistent 3rd party switch support than Capcom

Amnesia said:

For info :

I think you should stop having such faith in this sites numbers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Amnesia said:

For info :

It s from here. And so far there is no better VG sales number tracking in the world.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Amnesia said:
zorg1000 said:

It s from here. And so far there is no better VG sales number tracking in the world.

I know it's from here, that's what I'm saying, this sites software numbers are just guesses.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mnementh said:
HoloDust said:

That very same Pete Hines said that Fallout 76 is "not doable" on Switch. So, although some, due to Wolfenstein being on Switch, have high expectations for other AAA games, it's obviously not as easy as that.

I have a strong feeling, in the case of Fallout 76 it has to do a lot with network. But yeah, quite some games should be difficult or impossible.

Fallout 76 uses basically the same antiquated engine as Fallout 4, which struggles on PS4, XBO, and even many PCs.  It bogs down with the newer techniques and solutions that have been spliced into it.  Shadow rendering, for instance, makes my PC cry tears of blood in downtown Boston during bright daylight.  I just can't imagine Fallout 4 being playable on the Switch and Fallout 76 most likely falls into that same category for the same reasons.

There is a Chinese proverb quoted by the Captain of the Yangtze nuclear submarine in Fallout 4 when he says, "They say a shipwright should not build new ship out of old wood. But we have no other choice."  I can't help but wonder if that was a message from the developers.