1-1,5M 0 0%

1,5-2M 5 17.24%

2-2,5M 8 27.59%

2,5-3M 9 31.03%

3-3,5M 7 24.14%

3,5-4M 0 0%

4-4,5M 0 0%

Total:29

How many units shipped Nintendo will announce soon for the 2018 Q2 (2018 July 1st - Sept 30th)

I am testing how accurate is the community in this kind of prediction.

Here are some target needed to reach the 20M goal...It is going to be difficult.

Last edited by Amnesia - on 28 October 2018

Around the Network

As things stand, I think the only way that Nintendo can reach 20 million is if during the Q3 aggressively makes some promotions but that is not the way that Nintendo does things , so right now I doubt they can reach that goal.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

alejollorente10 said:
As things stand, I think the only way that Nintendo can reach 20 million is if during the Q3 aggressively makes some promotions but that is not the way that Nintendo does things , so right now I doubt they can reach that goal.

I expect between 18 and 19M

I don't believe that Smash + the 2 low cost Pokemon are enough to make it until 12M for the Q3

I would assume that the Fortnite bundle got shipped in September, so I think that's enough to push them over to 3 million. Does anyone know when they are giving numbers out? Also, there is an error in the OP. The tracking period is July through September, not June.

MasonADC said:
I would assume that the Fortnite bundle got shipped in September, so I think that's enough to push them over to 3 million. Does anyone know when they are giving numbers out? Also, there is an error in the OP. The tracking period is July through September, not June.

Fixed !

Around the Network

I expect them to ship close to 3 millions for Q2. They already said since E3, the sales went up like crazy. And they were at 19,67 millions shipped by the end of Q1. According to VGChartz, the sales are around 21 millions by the end of september, so they could have shipped around 1.5/2 millions more than this number. Which could make it around 22,5 millions shipped, so the shipping for Q2 could be around 2.8/3 millions.

Guessing on the higher end of 2-2.5 mil.

What is the Switch NPD total estimate for Q2?

Megiddo said:
Guessing on the higher end of 2-2.5 mil.

What is the Switch NPD total estimate for Q2?

733k I believe. 

2.5m, 9.5m, 3.2m for the next 3 quarters is my guess.

Don't see how they can ship 20m.

2.7, 10.1, 2.2 to finish out the fiscal year. And, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit lower.

Now, they could move a few million more in the third quarter if they would put out a Smash bundle at $250. Even if they just did it for Black Friday weekend, they would move a whole lot more. The problem there is that Smash is releasing too late. That release date has to be one of the stupidest moves in the history of gaming - missing black Friday by two weeks. It's bad even on a Nintendo scale.