By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did we already know about these future Switch ports? Nothing big...

I was looking through the net for porting companies, because I'm interested who will do the Vampyr port to Switch (didn't found out), then I found this:

https://qubicgames.com/porting-publishing/

Qubic Games apparently ports games to Switch and PS4. In this list of partners they show companies and games which are already released (Brawl, Astro Bear party), but also some games I haven't heard before. They show multiple games with Switch TBA. Mind, you, that are all small indie games, so nothing big here, but although I do follow news about releases on Switch, I haven't heard about them before:

Again, nothing of that is big, all is indie, but maybe it is interesting for someone following the upcoming release schedule.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 26 October 2018

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

If next year (in summer or winter) the stronger/better "switch"-hardware appears, bigger games with impressive graphics are possible then - i think. The official announcement will be in june directly from Japan or at E3-time.

But only if the big developers want it - I'm skeptical, the situation reminds me a little bit of the wii/u-time. I personally want games from the big developers and no (old) ports by other teams.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 26 October 2018

It's good many studios see the potential of Switch porting, considering how many developers want their games on the Switch, but can't really focus their own resources to develop them for the console from the beginning.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
It's good many studios see the potential of Switch porting, considering how many developers want their games on the Switch, but can't really focus their own resources to develop them for the console from the beginning.

Also seems like a lot of smaller studios make money with porting job and use it towards growth and a possible own game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]