By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 'Live Explosive Device' Targets CNN At Time Warner Center; Others [deskpro2k3 almost got blown up (again)]

Jumpin said:

There's a lot of right-wing terrorism in the US.

And there's everything from denial to support from the right for this. The right talks about how moderate Islamic people need to take care of the extremists, why don't you take care of your own extremists?

Every side has extremists though. Guess it's fine to turn a blind eye and play double standards.

Around the Network
Shaqazooloo0 said:
Pemalite said:

Or maybe we can just set the conspiracy theories aside and base everything on factual evidence

Do we have any? From my understanding we don't know whether they were explosive or not.

Buggered if I know. But even if you don't have the appropriate information... You still don't run off and jump on the conspiracy theory train.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

teamsilent13 said:

More evidence of a false flag and that these were not intended to be functional bombs.

Anyone considered that this might also be the work of a left wing extremist trying to damage the repub’s chances on the election?

Not a false flag per se, but just another looney.

Not discounting the (high) possibility that this is likely a right wing nut job, but I feel like the circumstances are just too stupid for this to be an intentional attempt at mass murder.

The timing, the impotency of the attack, the pointlessness of the targets (why Clinton and Obama? they have no real power anymore) the obvious reaction of the public (this would drum up sympathy and not fear).

I mean, I get it. This could well be a right wing idiot. Good chances of that, too. But personally, when weighing in possibilities, the chances some right wing guy picks said powerless targets using said awful methodology where there was 0% chance of success using (allegedly) bad equipment during the worst possibile timing because Trump said something that made them mad (?)... I dunno. Must be a completely mentally retarded individual.

Or can it be a left wing extremist who saw the elections coming and wanted to drum up up sympathy for his political party? So he chose highly visible targets that will get the most sympathy and coverage (the media, a black former president, a former female presidential candidate, a philanthropist at the heart of many right wing conspiracy theories, etc.), an easy to catch and very newsworthy method, an ineffective weapon during the most effective time to do it (close to the election where chances are he won’t be caught until after, if even at all). One cannot look at those facts and think it is impossible.

Personally, I’m waiting til the FBI catches the guy til I have any real thoughts on it.

iron_megalith said:
vivster said:

Damn, who would've guessed that constantly inciting violence would actually incite violence.

So funny how the Divider in Chief calls for unity.

Did he? Everything I've heard on both ends are just typical aggressive toxic political rhetoric. Nobody said kill or literally crucify the other.

Of course nobody said "kill", because that would be stupid even for Trump. But Trump's persona and his  seeming endorsement of violence against political opponents at his rallies paint a pretty radical picture that can be used as justification for someone who would want to commit murder. I haven't seen Obama, Clinton or even Bush bring that kind of Trump rhetoric.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
iron_megalith said:

Did he? Everything I've heard on both ends are just typical aggressive toxic political rhetoric. Nobody said kill or literally crucify the other.

Of course nobody said "kill", because that would be stupid even for Trump. But Trump's persona and his  seeming endorsement of violence against political opponents at his rallies paint a pretty radical picture that can be used as justification for someone who would want to commit murder. I haven't seen Obama, Clinton or even Bush bring that kind of Trump rhetoric.

Idunno man. I feel single/few insane individuals being driven to do insane things using anyone’s words as justification isn’t something anyone can control as they can just as likely use anything anyone says as justification as to do something insanse?

Isn’t this the same as blaming Islam for its teachings with regards to terrorism? I mean using that logic, then isn’t Islam far more, far far more guilty of this? Personally, I do not subscribe to this idea. I am for personal responsiblity.

Around the Network
Kalkano said: 

4) "congressman assaulted a journalist for asking him a question."  If you're talking about that "journalist" (extreme need for the quotes) from The Guardian, he started the altercation.  I'm sick of people playing the victim when people fight back.

5) "Trump bragged about that assaulted journalist."  He joked about it.  And, yeah, people will defend themselves.

Seriously?

Gianforte's campaign initially claimed it was the journalist who started... until sound recordings disproved it and tons of witnesses backed the journalist, including reporters from Fox News. Gianforte pleaded guilty and apologized for what he had done. And you are still claiming it was self-defence???

Trump then goes on to joke about the violent act and praises Gianforte for it. "Any guy that can do a body slam... he's my guy". And you can't see anything wrong with that???

DrDoomz said:

Idunno man. I feel single/few insane individuals being driven to do insane things using anyone’s words as justification isn’t something anyone can control as they can just as likely use anything anyone says as justification as to do something insanse?

Isn’t this the same as blaming Islam for its teachings with regards to terrorism? I mean using that logic, then isn’t Islam far more, far far more guilty of this? Personally, I do not subscribe to this idea. I am for personal responsiblity.

That might be a valid comparison if people were blaming conservatism and/or the Republican party in general for this incident, but by and in large that's not what's happening. It's Trump specifically, plus a few other right-wing talking heads like Steve Bannon who seem to be having the blame for this directed at them.

teamsilent13 said:

More evidence of a false flag and that these were not intended to be functional bombs.

That doesn't prove that it is a false flag. If the intent behind the bombs is to scare and spread terror then it's very much irrelevant whether the bombs are real or not. It's the threat that matters, planting the idea in people's heads that next time could be real and end with someone getting hurt or killed.

OlfinBedwere said:
DrDoomz said:

That might be a valid comparison if people were blaming conservatism and/or the Republican party in general for this incident, but by and in large that's not what's happening. It's Trump specifically, plus a few other right-wing talking heads like Steve Bannon who seem to be having the blame for this directed at them.

That is why I said “Islam” (the religion, which is the referenced source of the rhetoric) and not “Muslims” (the people).

forest-spirit said:
teamsilent13 said:

That doesn't prove that it is a false flag. If the intent behind the bombs is to scare and spread terror then it's very much irrelevant whether the bombs are real or not. It's the threat that matters, planting the idea in people's heads that next time could be real and end with someone getting hurt or killed.

Well, yes. But the bombs being sent isn’t proof that it was a right-winger terrorist driven by Trump rhetoric either.

Right now, these all theories until the culprit is found.