By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NPD: DQ XI had the biggest launch month in franchise history, dollar sales more than double DQ9

NPD: DQ XI had the biggest launch month in franchise history, dollar sales more than double DQ9

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1054961609700007936?s=19

I guess Japan wasn't the only place where DQ11 did well on the PS4. I guess SE will be happy with growth in the west. 

Around the Network

I remember people saying it wouldnt do well because, the 3ds version wasnt coming to the west and the switch version being delayed...
Kinda like with monster hunter, people where saying it would do badly because it wasnt on a nintendo system.

Look how things turned out okay anyways?
I expect this means future Dragon Quest titles also come to playstation + pc.

Also they released it in a busy part of the year, with plenty of competition.
just makes it all the more impressive.

I feel like the game would have had a greater impact if released in August but i'll take these numbers.

Congratulations Square Enix hope that made up for the declines in Japan.

Acevil said:
Congratulations Square Enix hope that made up for the declines in Japan.

DQ11 in terms of revenue could possibly be the most successful ever. Ps4 copies sold at $70 at launch. Digital sales at launch. Switch version still to come. 

Around the Network

So it was a great decision to go back to playstation in the end. I'm glad for SE

Train wreck said:
I feel like the game would have had a greater impact if released in August but i'll take these numbers.

^ this.

pastro243 said:
So it was a great decision to go back to playstation in the end. I'm glad for SE

Looks like it. 

Congratulations are due, but lets not forget that we are comparing a game that has a 60 dollars price tag plus LE, against one that was 35 dollars at launch.Since NPD use revenue to calculate the performance on the market, DQ XI may not have sold all that much more against DQ IX.

Having said that, DQ XI deserves this and more.I still have to buy it, but Im always happy when a turn based game finds success.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Good to see a turn-based JRPG doing so well in the current market. I'll get it when I have a goddamn job, which is probably never.