By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2018 thread, results up! PS4 421K; NSW 259K; XB1 176K; 3DS 81K

Let me know you feedback, would you like those threads to be a thing?

yes 46 93.88%

no 3 6.12%

Total:49
quickrick said:
honesty think switch may never pass x1.

I feel like i'm in an abusive relationship.

Every time I think you're not a troll and just a guy who sometimes posts things in a questionable terms ...  You write stuff like this and I go right back to thinking you're at least partially a troll. 

Stahp. 

Edit: I feel like I have to edit this before you eventually reply. Yes, I know that the Xbox One is slightly outpacing the Switch in the U.S. (it sold around 7.2 mil in 543 days vs. Switch's 6.9 mil in 543 days).

User was warned for this post ~ Angelus 

Last edited by Angelus - on 25 October 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:

Why do you think that? Just curious. 

quickrick said:

I'm assuming you're talking about U.S., right?

chakkra said:
quickrick said:

I hope so.

I mean X1 is gonna be at like 25-30 mil or so in the US when it's done right?

That's not going to be a breeze for the Switch I think. Though I do think it will eventually pass it down the line.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
quickrick said:

of course

Mr.GameCrazy said:
chakkra said:

I hope so.

as to why i think this. I think because Nintendo just doesn't have the third party support to keep it selling as long as xbox.

In this case, I actually agree with quickrick. While the Switch will blow by Xbox with relative ease WW, in the US, Switch passing the Xbox One is not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination. Xbox One has sold over 21 million units in the US alone. Not that far behind PS, which is about 24 million sold.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

quickrick said:
chakkra said:

of course

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I hope so.

as to why i think this. I think because Nintendo just doesn't have the third party support to keep it selling as long as xbox.

That's probably going to be the case. Worldwide will be pretty interesting though. US will probably belong to Xbox, but Switch probably won't lag too far behind in the end. The Switch is dominating the market and has a somewhat respectable presence in Europe while the Xbox has done little but fart in Japan and have a little better showing than the Switch in Europe, though probably not drastic. I don't know since I don't have numbers on European sales for Xbone and Switch.

I have to admit I thought Quickrick was talking about Worlwide. My bad. And so, the cycle I mentioned in my last reply will continue onward!

I guess it's not that crazy of a prediction. The problem I have with it is that so far the Xbox is only in the lead by 300k, which is not a lot considering that the Switch has had a pretty horrid 1st party selection until the last two months of the year (popularity-wise). I ... guess I could see it happening. I mean, it's reasonable. I just don't think it will.

Alright, today i need to update this thread. Give me a few hours, i'm at school right now.