By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:

Uuuuuggghhhh. Too much work. Top 50 once would be ( barely ) doable, but I doubt I'd follow through on the entire process. Anyways, "Have A Fun!" which is the slogan of the arcade game Boonga Boonga, which :( never got a console port, and would have probably made my final top 10, even though the Child Molester character is almost game breakingly OP.

You only really need to do a top 50 once though. Then you can just make alterations to it every year after that.

That's what I've been doing. Add any good new games I've played in the last year and move things around a few places depending on if my opinion of them has changed at all but mostly it will be the same as the previous year.

It's less making the list itself than the daily commitment to whittling it down one game at a time. Appreciate the thought though. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I'll join in.

Ughhh....50???? I wish it was like 25 instead. I don't think I can name 50 games I absolutely really love.

50 is not that much, when you write down games you like now and in the past you’re there in no time. I’ve been swapping games in and out of my lists each year because I want to mention them, and there’s still some I haven’t had in yet.

Unlikely I participate in the hinting thread. Even with Super hard hints for my Nintendo games and Super easy hints for all other games, the Nintendo games and mainstream games got guessed quite easily but not the obscure games. Likely I will update my list at some point when I have time.

Around the Network

I'll sign up, though I may end up just making the Nintendo problem worse.

I don't know if I can handle making a top 50 list and a commitment to post each day. So much pressure. But I am looking forward to seeing the winners. :)

S.Peelman said:
50 is not that much, when you write down games you like now and in the past you’re there in no time. I’ve been swapping games in and out of my lists each year because I want to mention them, and there’s still some I haven’t had in yet.

I know what you mean.  Hopefully I still have my list of top 100 somewhere.  I figure there are some games in there that I may view more fondly now and others less so.  They are all games I love, but I just have a hard time putting most of them in a consistent order.

Sounds fun, I'm in!

I’m probably not gonna join the hinting thread, but I’ll join this discussion for the first time. Though I have a hard time ranking games because there are so many factors that affect how I rank them, from not completing even half of the games I’ve played to so many other games that I haven’t played yet. It’ll be interesting for me as I look back at games all the way back to when first played the Genesis and the SNES.