By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

Sign me up. It's going to be hard ordering my list but I'm pretty sure I have something like the top 10 figured out already.

Around the Network

I'm in! This event was the reason I originally joined VGC.

I kinda wish this was something like 25 greatest games. 50 is just way too hard.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
I kinda wish this was something like 25 greatest games. 50 is just way too hard.

Heh, I was hoping it was top 100, but I have been playing games a long time.  There are so many games that I love that I had to leave off of the list.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
flashfire926 said:

Heh, I was hoping it was top 100, but I have been playing games a long time.  There are so many games that I love that I had to leave off of the list.

Well I guess that explains the differences, I guess. I was merely only born at the start of the 6th gen, so I much less gaming experience when compared to others. Well then, looks like 50 serves as fair middle ground.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Well I guess that explains the differences, I guess. I was merely only born at the start of the 6th gen, so I much less gaming experience when compared to others. Well then, looks like 50 serves as fair middle ground.

Last year I thought I was in your position on not playing enough games. I eventually found out that 50 was not enough. I just realized that I only need to play 50 games to qualify. At 17 I definitely would have enough to make a top 50. Granted some of the lower games would be incredibly obscure but hey who doesn't have that one obscure game that they love?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Uuuuuggghhhh. Too much work. Top 50 once would be ( barely ) doable, but I doubt I'd follow through on the entire process. Anyways, "Have A Fun!" which is the slogan of the arcade game Boonga Boonga, which :( never got a console port, and would have probably made my final top 10, even though the Child Molester character is almost game breakingly OP.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 17 October 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I hope the top 20 games are all Nintendo again. We have diverse taste here.

shikamaru317 said:
Barkley said:
I hope the top 20 games are all Nintendo again. We have diverse taste here.

Was it really all Nintendo in the top 20 last year? I voted last year, but never saw the results thread. 

VGC really needs some platform diversity.

Well other than Resident Evil 4, but even that started life as a Gamecube Exclusive. xD

shikamaru317 said:
Barkley said:

Well other than Resident Evil 4, but even that started life as a Gamecube Exclusive. xD

Ugh. Just went and looked at the results thread. I believe only 2 games from my personal top 10 made the top 50 last year. The Sega and Xbox representation in particular were quite poor. Makes me feel like my vote has very little weight. Quite disheartening after the amount of time I put into making my list. Thankfully most of the work is done now, just need to add a few games from this year in a few spots, so I'll still vote this year in the hopes that VGC has gained some diversity in the last year. 

Mind linking me to your list from last year? I'd love to see it

Yeah ... we need more Xbox representation (and even Playstation).