By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CAPCOM plans to release multliple AAA titles each fisical year

I just want them to create Megaman X9. I don't care about any other game they have except maybe monhun

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
You guys should remember though that RE, and Megaman being annually is maybe not such a bad thing, if they do the following:One year we get a mainline RE, then the next we get a RE revelations game, then a remake of sorts or a more experiemental game, then at the fourth year it repeats all over again.Each game would have its distinctive feel and approach to the genre, which can potentially prevent it from being too samey, like many Ubisoft games are.Same with Megaman:One year is classic Megaman, then the next is X, then in the third year could be a Legends game, by the fourth it would repeat.

But too many Megaman games destroyed the series. I would rather they take 2 years to make awesome Megaman and Megaman X games. 

Megiddo said:
It makes sense because pretty much everything that hasn't been a AAA title released by Capcom has not done particularly well, see the most recent Media Create chart for Megaman 11 for example.

Megaman digitally is doing pretty well in all eshop charts. Also I think Megaman will do much better in Europe and US than in Japan

Eagle367 said:
Nautilus said:
You guys should remember though that RE, and Megaman being annually is maybe not such a bad thing, if they do the following:One year we get a mainline RE, then the next we get a RE revelations game, then a remake of sorts or a more experiemental game, then at the fourth year it repeats all over again.Each game would have its distinctive feel and approach to the genre, which can potentially prevent it from being too samey, like many Ubisoft games are.Same with Megaman:One year is classic Megaman, then the next is X, then in the third year could be a Legends game, by the fourth it would repeat.

But too many Megaman games destroyed the series. I would rather they take 2 years to make awesome Megaman and Megaman X games. 

Not saying that would work,just that it could, it was just a possible interpretation.I do actually agree with you.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Eagle367 said:

Not saying that would work,just that it could, it was just a possible interpretation.I do actually agree with you.

I still want them to just come out and say Megaman X9 is coming for all platforms. Megaman 11 is my first complete og MM game but i've played all MMX games. I played X first and hated(and still hate) that you can't wall jump. If Megaman had just one wall jump like even normal parkour people(parkourers?) can do I would be much happier. You have no idea how many times I've died on stupid jumps

Around the Network

would be nice if they would try to bring back breath of fire...

melbye said:

Castlevania is Konami

Oh shit, you are right for some reason I forgot about that. Well Komani need to make a good Castlevania game haha.

As for Capcom, well I think they have revived a lot of there old IPs with great success.

I'll wait until I see the end products before I make my judgment.
Hopefully they can manage to deliver their fans a steady stream of high quality titles.
Does anyone know about any major reorganisations inside of Capcom, that could point towards this actually being achievable?

Eagle367 said:
Nautilus said:

I still want them to just come out and say Megaman X9 is coming for all platforms. Megaman 11 is my first complete og MM game but i've played all MMX games. I played X first and hated(and still hate) that you can't wall jump. If Megaman had just one wall jump like even normal parkour people(parkourers?) can do I would be much happier. You have no idea how many times I've died on stupid jumps

lol

Given that Capcom released the X collections and given that the classic collections sold really well, the X collections must have performed decently at the very least.And if they are willing to give Megaman 11 a chance, they will probably give X a chance, since he is as popular as the classic series.Even if Megaman 11 underperforms(which I highly doubt), they wont stop on one game only, and the next is more likely to be X9

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Mar1217 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Well, we already know they have 2 AAA's coming in 2019, DMC V and Res 2 Remake. Res 8 should come in 2020, we know it entered development shortly after Res 7 released. Don't know what the 2nd AAA for 2020 could be though, Capcom Vancouver is dead so it won't be Dead Rising 5. Feels too soon for Street Fighter 6, SF5 didn't even get a 2nd version yet. Also feels too soon for a new Monster Hunter. Maybe they will revive Onimusha or Dino Crisis in 2020?

Didn't they have a release of the Arcade Edition ?

Street Fighter V is a "platform". Any updates are added as DLC. Any major title updates like Arcade Edition are free updates to the base game. SFV was really barebones at launch. It's actually a complete game now. They still need to update the netcode though. For all it's issues, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite had better netcode. They need to bring that netcode over to SFV.