By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Venom 31% on RT

I watched it yesterday. Boy this movie is fun. Go watch it if you are intrested I had great fun with it and really liked it :)

Around the Network

me and my partner are going to see it tonight but this thread is making me want to return the tickets...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
me and my partner are going to see it tonight but this thread is making me want to return the tickets...

If a thread with harmless comments makes you want to return the tickets then go return the tickets. Who cares?

Roma said:

Did you even read the thread? Everyone that went to see the movie liked it. Critics dont like it. Who cares? Aufience is 80% positive. Go see it or dont your decision. I went yesterday. I would go again

Looked pretty awful, but I was hoping for something better. A lot of people misunderstand RT scores. They don't reflect the rating most critics think it should have. They reflect what percentage gave the movie a positive (passing) score. If your average Joe comic book fan (intended audience) thinks it's a 7/10, then most critics (not really the intended audience) will probably give it a 5-6 - which will ultimately result in a poor RT score.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

It was actually pretty fun I would give it a 7 out of 10

Last edited by Roma - on 06 October 2018

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

It was actually pretty fun I would give it a 7 out of 10

I'm getting this also from a bunch of youtubers. They're all saying they had a good time and enjoyed the movie, so this is a sigh of relief.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

BOM: 'Venom' Targets $70-80M Opening; 'Star is Born' Headed Toward $42M+ Debut

Nighthawk117 said:
BOM: 'Venom' Targets $70-80M Opening; 'Star is Born' Headed Toward $42M+ Debut

Unless it drops hard on Sun, it does look like it will be off to a good start.  Though, it'll depend on the legs.  If it drops like 60%+ next week, it could still end up flopping.  This film has to do ~$250M-$300M to break even.

Nighthawk117 said:
BOM: 'Venom' Targets $70-80M Opening; ' A Star is Born' Headed Toward $42M+ Debut

Yaaaaassssssssss, that's amazing for a movie of its kind and it already broke even (the budget was 30 million).