By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fifa 19 Uk sales platform split

flashfire926 said:
Kerotan said:

That's like saying ps4 share would be even higher if spiderman didn't launch. And that game was massively bigger then forza. 

?

spiderman was three weeks ago, while Horizon is more or less in the same week. Apples to oranges comparison here.

Yeah but you could just as easily argue 400k or so people in the uk recently bought spiderman and now some won't buy fifa. Forza is a much smaller release. 



Around the Network
Kerotan said:
flashfire926 said:

?

spiderman was three weeks ago, while Horizon is more or less in the same week. Apples to oranges comparison here.

Yeah but you could just as easily argue 400k or so people in the uk recently bought spiderman and now some won't buy fifa. Forza is a much smaller release. 

People buying games after a three week gap is much more feasible than people buying two games at once. I don't get how this is so hard to understand.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah but you could just as easily argue 400k or so people in the uk recently bought spiderman and now some won't buy fifa. Forza is a much smaller release. 

People buying games after a three week gap is much more feasible than people buying two games at once. I don't get how this is so hard to understand.

Eh a shit ton of people on ps4 bought spiderman week 2 and a lot week 3. So again it's hypocritical to use forza as an excuse but ignore spiderman when it's been selling a lot every week since launch including fifa week. 



Switch version had a whole percent? I simply cannot fathom how that happened. There must be a 1 percent margin for error here.



01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Kerotan said:
flashfire926 said:

People buying games after a three week gap is much more feasible than people buying two games at once. I don't get how this is so hard to understand.

Eh a shit ton of people on ps4 bought spiderman week 2 and a lot week 3. So again it's hypocritical to use forza as an excuse but ignore spiderman when it's been selling a lot every week since launch including fifa week. 

Are you trying to be obtuse on purpose? On Forza's launch week, Forza will sell way more than spiderman (in that given week). 

Just wait 6 days and we'll see. No point to carry this debate on.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Kerotan said:

Eh a shit ton of people on ps4 bought spiderman week 2 and a lot week 3. So again it's hypocritical to use forza as an excuse but ignore spiderman when it's been selling a lot every week since launch including fifa week. 

Are you trying to be obtuse on purpose? On Forza's launch week, Forza will sell way more than spiderman (in that given week). 

Just wait 6 days and we'll see. No point to carry this debate on.

In the past few weeks ps4 players have bought far more games then xbox. If anything I'd expect it to be more in xbox s favour not heavily against it. Yeah no point continuing this. See you in next week's sales thread. 



Worth noting that Fifa only comes in the official bundle on PS4, but came unofficially with almost every single Xbox sold. I Believe both actually count with GFK unlike NPD. Looking around people I know, Fifa is the game lots sell after buying a new Xbox. So I suspect it inflates the sales more than the player base to some degree.

I think somewhere soon, and probably not Microsoft, we will find out that although sales of the console have grown lately, I bet the attach rate for games bought is rapidly sinking as people embrace the game pass subscription model instead.



Jaxyfoo said:
Worth noting that Fifa only comes in the official bundle on PS4, but came unofficially with almost every single Xbox sold. I Believe both actually count with GFK unlike NPD. Looking around people I know, Fifa is the game lots sell after buying a new Xbox. So I suspect it inflates the sales more than the player base to some degree.

I think somewhere soon, and probably not Microsoft, we will find out that although sales of the console have grown lately, I bet the attach rate for games bought is rapidly sinking as people embrace the game pass subscription model instead.

Source?



Ka-pi96 said:
Jaxyfoo said:
Worth noting that Fifa only comes in the official bundle on PS4, but came unofficially with almost every single Xbox sold. I Believe both actually count with GFK unlike NPD. Looking around people I know, Fifa is the game lots sell after buying a new Xbox. So I suspect it inflates the sales more than the player base to some degree.

I think somewhere soon, and probably not Microsoft, we will find out that although sales of the console have grown lately, I bet the attach rate for games bought is rapidly sinking as people embrace the game pass subscription model instead.

Source?

My friend just bought one a few days ago.  We scoured pretty much every deal around looking for the best deal.  Takes all of 10 minutes looking around every online and in store bundle to see Fifa included....  



Jaxyfoo said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Source?

My friend just bought one a few days ago.  We scoured pretty much every deal around looking for the best deal.  Takes all of 10 minutes looking around every online and in store bundle to see Fifa included....  

Just looked at Amazon and FIFA is not included. It's an option, but costs you an extra 55 quid...