By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Kerotan said:
So September npd numbers are in and ps4 dominated. Once again that wasn't reflected on amazon.

Correct and once again someone comes out the woodwork to proclaim how Amazon isn't accurate yet we already know this. 

That's why we use the npd tool which if I'm not mistaken has been right 100% of the fine so far?

Around the Network
Marth said:

One week until RDR2. Starlink and Luigis Mansion almost dropping out of the top 100.

Starlink was to be expected tbh; it's dome terribly on other platforms and Switch seems to be its core sales driver if yiu cam even call it that. Give it until it gets a price cut and then we'll see what happens then.

As for Luigis Mansion, 3 will probably do well and the remake for DS is more or less a bonus at this point. Surely couldn't have cost too much to do anyway.

Super Mario Party   US |   DE, JP, MX, ES, UK  =   |   IT, ES ⬆ )

CA FR   DE IT  JP  MX  ES   UK  US
19/10  4  -  3  7  3  2  4  12  14
18/10  3  -  3  9  3  2  4  12  6
17/10  6  -  3  9  3  2  5  11  8
16/10  4  -  3  7  3  1  4  11  8
15/10  4  -  3  6  3  1  4  11  8
14/10  3  -  3  8  3  1  3  11  11
12/10  5  -  4  4  3  1  3  11  14
11/10  1  -  4  5  4  1  3  12  9
10/10  1  -  3  10  2  1  4  10  8
09/10  2  -  2  11  2  1  3  10  3
08/10  2  -  2  12  2  1  3  10  2
07/10  2  -  3  11  2  1  3  9  3
06/10  2  -  4  11  2  1  3  6  3
05/10  2  -  12  8  2  1  3  6  2
04/10  2  207  12  2  1  4  6  1
03/10  1 -  137  10  2  1  5  6  1
02/10  1  63  13  2  1  5  8  1
01/10  1  28  19  2  1  5  9  1

Kerotan said:
So September npd numbers are in and ps4 dominated. Once again that wasn't reflected on amazon.

I mean, Amazon can't even keep a single PS4 SKU in stock for more than a couple days at the very most. It's absolutely hilarious how terrible the largest online commercial enterprise is at maintaining the stock of the PS4. Meanwhile the Switch has like at least 3 SKUs in stock at all times. It's just amazing how inept both Amazon and Sony (since I'm sure the blame lies on them both to some degree) can be.

Megiddo said:
Kerotan said:

I mean, Amazon can't even keep a single PS4 SKU in stock for more than a couple days at the very most. It's absolutely hilarious how terrible the largest online commercial enterprise is at maintaining the stock of the PS4. Meanwhile the Switch has like at least 3 SKUs in stock at all times. It's just amazing how inept both Amazon and Sony (since I'm sure the blame lies on them both to some degree) can be.

There must be something going on. Maybe because there's been a shortage lately Sony rank them their least favourite retailer to deal with so they get the scraps. 

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
Kerotan said:

Correct and once again someone comes out the woodwork to proclaim how Amazon isn't accurate yet we already know this. 

That's why we use the npd tool which if I'm not mistaken has been right 100% of the fine so far?

I'm sorry but that was actually my third post on this thread. So not just coming out of the woodwork. Every month there should be a review to see if amazon is still not accurate. The fact you need an npd tool proves it. Because this thread used to be the tool. There's a reason these threads are no longer popular. People enjoyed when they were accurate. 

User was banned for multiple posts - including this one - that ignored a clear moderator warning, regarding the continued conversation in Amazon threads ~ Angelus

Last edited by Angelus - on 20 October 2018

Kerotan said:
JSG87 said:

I'm sorry but that was actually my third post on this thread. So not just coming out of the woodwork. Every month there should be a review to see if amazon is still not accurate. The fact you need an npd tool proves it. Because this thread used to be the tool. There's a reason these threads are no longer popular. People enjoyed when they were accurate. 

Unfortunately these things happen. Why do you sound so annoyed about it?

JSG87 said:
Kerotan said:

Lol who said I'm annoyed. If anything I'm happy amazon doesn't reflect reality because it it did, ps4 wouldn't be dominating. 

Kerotan said:

Were you expecting Amazon to reflect NPD? We've known it hasn't been an accurate indicator for a while, try this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235297&page=1#

Kerotan said:
JSG87 said:

Lol who said I'm annoyed. If anything I'm happy amazon doesn't reflect reality because it it did, ps4 wouldn't be dominating. 

I think the other reality is Walmart, Target, Best Buy and GameStop are still dominant place where consumers pick up game console. As big as Amazon it's it's just 1 way, not THE way. And all consumer purchases as a whole should be tracked by NPD.