By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie trademarks "MATTER"

could bungie reveal a new game soon...?

https://www.gamepur.com/news/29879-bungie-matter-trademark.html

Bungie, the studio behind the popular Destiny and Halogames, has filed a new trademark application for an undisclosed project known only as "Matter."

The application was created on Sept. 28 and filed to the European Union Intellectual Property Office. It was filed under the computer game software and online entertainment services categories, which still leaves the project's identity open to interpretation. This project could be the studio's first new Intellectual Property since the original Destiny was released in 2014.

Around the Network

Kind of hoping they can put some skills as a 1st Person Single player game for a chance. Give online multiplayer a rest.

Bungie is dead to me. They are stuck making Destiny for the next thousand years. Such a waste of a good developer.

But is it a online focused GAAS type game? or a single player game?

JRPGfan said:
But is it a online focused GAAS type game? or a single player game?

Hopefully multiplayer.

Around the Network

It is probably just a Destiny expansion. Unless they've significantly expanded without anybody noticing, they do not seem to have the available man power to make a new game.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 30 September 2018

Hopefully this game matters to me more than Destiny.

...I'll let myself out now.

Interested, only because Bungie can make a very solid game when they want to.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CaptainExplosion said:
I hope it turns out better than Destiny. I found Destiny to be overyhyped.

Destiny is in very good shape right now.  I've been playing, off-and-on, since launch day if the first game.  In my opinion, and seemingly most other Destiny players opinions, the current state of Destiny 2 is the best that the series has ever been.   If you, or anyone else has had even a passing interest in the game, I suggest checking it out when you have a hole in your gaming calendar.

Vizigoth04 said:
Kind of hoping they can put some skills as a 1st Person Single player game for a chance. Give online multiplayer a rest.

That would be awesome. I'd love to see Bungie stay within their general area of expertise, but do something a little different.  

Cerebralbore101 said:
Bungie is dead to me. They are stuck making Destiny for the next thousand years. Such a waste of a good developer.

As I mentioned above, the game is pretty damn good right now. I certainly don't think their work is a waste.

Am I wrong in thinking that these trademarks can sometimes tie into pre-established franchises? I seem to remember this happened once but I can't remember and I'm probably incorrect.

So what if they did. It doesnt...MATTER

ahahaha, ok.

I think its just going to be something in relation to Destiny though, don't have much faith in them doing anything else

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick