By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Minecraft Dungeons (a new game) announced for PC

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJicIi8Lvx0&feature=youtu.be

Article:

Mojang has announced Minecraft: Dungeons, a new Minecraft action adventure game coming to PC in 2019.

Here is an overview of the game, via Mojang:

Fight your way through an all-new action-adventure game, inspired by classic dungeon crawlers and set in the Minecraft universe! Coming to PC in 2019.

Brave the dungeons alone, or team up with friends! Up to four players can battle together through action-packed, treasure-stuffed, wildly varied levels, all in an epic quest to save the villagers and take down the evil Arch-Illager!

Discover new weapons and items that will help you defeat a ruthless swarm of new-and-nasty mobs. Fight or flee through canyons, swamps and – of course – mines! Any adventurer brave or foolish enough (or a bit-of-both!) to explore this blocky and beautiful world will need to come prepared. So quickly, gear up!

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

bring it to console and i'm there

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

So what does this add that you couldn't get with regular Minecraft?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Sounds interesting to be honest, I'll keep an eye on it at least. I'd love if it had some "classic Zelda" elements too, like finding keys to open locked doors and stuff like that.

Edit: Wait a minute, watching the trailer again it looks like there's some kind of "key mob", maybe we have to catch it to use it or something? Anyways, looks pretty cool.

At this point MS is spending more on PC exclusives over xbox games.
Age of Empires 4? PC exclusive.
Gears Tactics? PC exclusive
Minecraft Dungeons? PC exclusive

Knock it off, microsoft.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:

Knock it off, microsoft.

It's honestly been a long time coming, especially since MS largely ignored PC gaming for years, and instead put their focus on just their console side a lot more over the years. They need to do a lot to earn back that PC market and I'd actually like to see them put in 110% of the effort to do it. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

honestly, im not against this. for as long as minecraft has lasted, they are still able to find ways to keep the experience fresh. a spinoff dungeon crawler doesnt sound so bad.

Chazore said:
flashfire926 said:

Knock it off, microsoft.

It's honestly been a long time coming, especially since MS largely ignored PC gaming for years, and instead put their focus on just their console side a lot more over the years. They need to do a lot to earn back that PC market and I'd actually like to see them put in 110% of the effort to do it. 

That all makes sense, but why makes these games solely for PC?

The argument I always see if that forcing a console version will "dumb down" the games (which I sorta agree for AoE, but Xcom proves Turn based tactical games can work on console), but either way, now that Xbox has kb/m support, they now have zero excuses.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Chazore said:

That all makes sense, but why makes these games solely for PC?

The argument I always see if that forcing a console version will "dumb down" the games (which I sorta agree for AoE, but Xcom proves Turn based tactical games can work on console), but either way, now that Xbox has kb/m support, they now have zero excuses.

If you release on consoles, you practically have to support controller as well - and do it properly, which, depending on the game, might require dumbing down.

Totally fine by the idea, but I need to see gameplay first.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138