By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is becoming quite the machine for JRPGs and SRPGs.

Kerotan said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Yeah, enjoy phones with action RPG is not something i will recommend. Switch also will have a lot JRPG that ps4 won't have.

I was only making the point to show jrnation was wrong. The vita also does the remote play. It also works with the Xperia tablet so a screen similar in size to switch. But remember you can connect a dualshock controller to the devices making remote play actually really good.

Edit : i tried gta v on the go and it works really well. I also played bf4 online and actually got quite a few kills. It's quite a unique feature being able to play such powerful games on the go. 

Switch can be played anywhere, can your vita/table does the remote play anywhere? Also, you only need to buy a Switch to play game but you need to buy both ps4 and vita/table to do that. What is good about spending too much like that just for playing on the go?

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Kerotan said:

I was only making the point to show jrnation was wrong. The vita also does the remote play. It also works with the Xperia tablet so a screen similar in size to switch. But remember you can connect a dualshock controller to the devices making remote play actually really good.

Edit : i tried gta v on the go and it works really well. I also played bf4 online and actually got quite a few kills. It's quite a unique feature being able to play such powerful games on the go. 

Switch can be played anywhere, can your vita/table does the remote play anywhere? Also, you only need to buy a Switch to play game but you need to buy both ps4 and vita/table to do that. What is good about spending too much like that just for playing on the go?

An Xperia + ps4 can be bought for 400€ the price of a ps4 Pro. Really not much. And with mobile data on your phone you can play it anywhere. 

Hiku said:

It's starting to look pretty nice on the rpg front. And I think it's off to a better start than the 3DS, so that's promising.
I hope they bring Persona 5 to Switch as well. That game deserves to be played by more people. And I'm sure it would sell really well. Especially if it has extra content, like Persona 4: Golden.

Veknoid_Outcast said: 

Many of those are on or coming to Switch, FYI.

I'm curious what your thought process was here?
Should Jrpgfan not have listed the PS4 titles that are also on Switch? I'm asking because you didn't mention that most of the Switch games on the list he quoted are also on PS4.
If he had crossed them out, it would have looked like this:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna
Octopath Traveler
Pokemon Let's Go
Pokemon Gen 8
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Grandia Remastered
Shin Megami Tensei 5

If Jrpgfan had done that, or pointed out that "Most of those Switch games are also on PS4", then I would understand your comment.
But the way you replied, it looks like you're either not aware that most of the games on the Switch list were also on PS4, or that you only think the multi-platform aspect should be mentioned for one side of the list, and not the other. Or were you thinking something else?

Cerebralbore101 said: 

Updated the OP with more games people suggested. Am I missing anything else?

Valkyria Chronicles: Remastered
Digimon Survive

I was going to say Persona Q2 as well, but then I remembered it's for 3DS.

You’re overthinking it.

He made a list of PS4 games, using it to demonstrate the Switch has a long way to go to match the library on PS4. I informed him that many games on the PS4 list are or will soon be on the Switch list, demonstrating the gap is not as wide as the long list would suggest.

JRPGfan said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Even if we took out all the RPGs for Switch that were already on PS4, the selection would still be amazing for a system not even two years old.

Would look something like this:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Octopath Traveler
Labryinth of Refrain
Pokemon Let's Go
Pokemon Gen 8
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Grandia Remastered
Shin Megami Tensei 5
Town (Gamefreak)
TWEWY
Yokai Watch
Golf Story

Not bad for a system not yet 2years old.

Removed one, but this looks right. I own all that are available except for the Torna DLC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

TranceformerFX said:
"JRPGS and SRPGS"

I miss the 90's when they were just called "RPG's"... The need to over complicate or over classify genre's makes me wanna bang my head on a desk. An RPG is an RPG - regardless of where it was developed or it's sub-genre. (ARPG, MMO RPG, ORPG, blah blah blah blah blah....)

You should probably talk to a professional about these anger issues you’re having. 

Around the Network

RPGs (especially JRPGs) are one of the main reasons i buy Playstation consoles, and will likely be the reason i buy a Switch in the future (if it gets enough exclusive ones... though to be honest i may buy it just for Zelda).

JRPGfan said:
xl-klaudkil said:
You guys are talking only about switch being a handheld right? Right? Because clearly ps4 has the jrpg crown for quit a while now.

Yes while the Switch is getting more jrpgs ect as time goes on, its still far behinde the PS4 in that reguard.

As it should be, seeing how one console is five years old, and the other is almost a year and a half. 

burninmylight said:
JRPGfan said:

Yes while the Switch is getting more jrpgs ect as time goes on, its still far behinde the PS4 in that reguard.

As it should be, seeing how one console is five years old, and the other is almost a year and a half. 

True and Id gladly see the Switch come to eventually posses more jrpgs than even the PS4.
I often equate how good a system's library of games is, by the rpgs the systems has.

PSVita, and 3DS are both wonderfull imo, because they have alot of rpgs on them.
While the Wii & wii-u left alot to be desired in that reguard (I had both, but their not really favorites).

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 27 September 2018

Cerebralbore101 said:

When the Switch first launched, one of the burning questions I had about its future was whether or not it would inherit the 3DS' great JRPG and SRPG support. The answer is yes. The floodgates have opened. Here is what the Switch has for JRPGs and SRPGS either now, or in the future...

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
Octopath Traveler
Disgaea 5 Complete
Atelier Lydie & Suelle
Lost Sphere
Ys VIII
Labryinth of Refrain (I'm painfully on the fence about this one, but it exists. Beware the ultra-cringe NISA voice actors.)
Disgaea 1 Remastered
Pokemon Let's Go (Also on the fence about this one.)
Pokemon Gen 8
Tales of Vesperia Remastered
Fire Emblem Three Houses
DragonQuest XI S
Grandia Remastered
Shin Megami Tensei 5
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
Town (Gamefreak)
I Am Setsuna
TWEWY
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Inazuma XI
Yakoi Watch
Neptunia
World of Final Fantasy
SOA:FB
Shining Resonance Refrain
Romancing Saga
Little Dragon's Cafe
Langrisser Remakes
Golf Story
Crystal Chronicles R
DQ Builders
DQ Builders 2

I'm not sure if Persona 5 will get a Switch version, but Persona 3 and 4 both got portable versions. So there's a good chance of it coming to Switch. I think. Maybe. I'll stop port begging now. 

The only question remaining is just how long Atlus will cling to the 3DS. I'm eagerly awaiting sales results for Valkyria Chronicles 4 on Switch. Because if it does amazingly well Sega may just force Atlus to pump out more games for Switch. 

Add Fairy Fencer F to this list.

I´m looking foward to Shin Megami Tensei V. Let´s hope it find some success in the West.