By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Hex Nut Pokemon: Meltan Officially Revealed!

irstupid said:

My point is that there are plenty of animals, reptiles, insects, ect in the real world that are similar to each other and to bash Pokémon for having similar monsters is stupid.

It's more realistic than lazy.

I know and I agree. I was just making a joke.

I just find it odd how people call this design lazy when there are so many more obvious examples that people seem to give a pass because they came out earlier when they grew up with/first experienced Pokemon. I don't even find any Pokemon design particularly lazy tbh, but I find it odd when some people seem to critique new Pokemon for something that applies to past Pokemon as well.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
irstupid said:

My point is that there are plenty of animals, reptiles, insects, ect in the real world that are similar to each other and to bash Pokémon for having similar monsters is stupid.

I just find it odd how people call this design lazy when there are so many more obvious examples that people seem to give a pass because they came out earlier when they grew up with/first experienced Pokemon. I don't even find any Pokemon design particularly lazy tbh, but I find it odd when some people seem to critique new Pokemon for something that applies to past Pokemon as well.

I've been around since Red/Blue and each gen is the same. The new players all think the new pokemon are awesome. The older players all think the new pokemon are 'lazy, stupid or copies'

Then the same as any Zelda game, as soon as the next generation comes out, the previous generation pokemon are now cool and it's the new gen that are lazy, stupid or copies.

If it hadn't been officially announced, I'd say that it's fake. It really does look like a fakemon made by a kid. Ditto+tail+bolt & dot.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Green098 said:
irstupid said:

It is not really lazy, just unoriginal. Whatever it is, it better have some good reason for looking like that. 

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Green098 said:

It is not really lazy, just unoriginal. Whatever it is, it better have some good reason for looking like that. 

I don't know.... with an already established bar that balls, blobs, keys, and magnets and many more can be Pokemon wouldn't say its totally unoriginal.

It's like melted solder, which corrodes and absorbs metal to generate electricity to use as an energy source and to attack. (more info on official site)

Reminds me a bit of shiny Slugma.

Last edited by Green098 - on 25 September 2018

Around the Network

I actually really like it, it looks new and mysterious.
I hope the new gen will be a bit more ground breaking instead of them just trying to make gen 1 all over again like the annoying fans are asking for.

caught the fake one in Go. Looking forward to getting one in Let's Go

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick