By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2018 gamers have gone soft

John2290 said:
I gave up on MW3 and Xbox live because of that shit. Compared to Xbox live MW 2 and 3 on PSN was a pleasent expereince. At least on PSN it's banter, if ya don't feel like chatting shit yoh can just hang back let the banter go on and have some team chatter in the background with the others who are interested in directing the match to a win. Xbox Live, You might as well turn on Alex jones and try and have a chat with him. I had one ppsitive match, one positive couple of games from a group in a lobby who were friendly and also interested in the game out of 70+ hours or whatever 3 days ammounts to.

XB Live seems to be a much better place to play these days, relative to several years ago.  I say "seems to be" because most of my time is spent playing Destiny now, so it could just be that this particular game doesn't attract the assholes as much.  The improvement seems to coincide, more or less, with the XBL/PS4 launches.  

I don't have as much experience playing online on PSN, as I just joined shortly after I got my PS4 Pro (and didn't renew my subscription after one year, but not for reasons related to this post).  But, from what I have seen, the toxicity level on both services is about the same over the last few years.  And, frankly, I don't think it's very bad right now.  

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
John2290 said:
I gave up on MW3 and Xbox live because of that shit. Compared to Xbox live MW 2 and 3 on PSN was a pleasent expereince. At least on PSN it's banter, if ya don't feel like chatting shit yoh can just hang back let the banter go on and have some team chatter in the background with the others who are interested in directing the match to a win. Xbox Live, You might as well turn on Alex jones and try and have a chat with him. I had one ppsitive match, one positive couple of games from a group in a lobby who were friendly and also interested in the game out of 70+ hours or whatever 3 days ammounts to.

XB Live seems to be a much better place to play these days, relative to several years ago.  I say "seems to be" because most of my time is spent playing Destiny now, so it could just be that this particular game doesn't attract the assholes as much.  The improvement seems to coincide, more or less, with the XBL/PS4 launches.  

I don't have as much experience playing online on PSN, as I just joined shortly after I got my PS4 Pro (and didn't renew my subscription after one year, but not for reasons related to this post).  But, from what I have seen, the toxicity level on both services is about the same over the last few years.  And, frankly, I don't think it's very bad right now.  

Agreed. Both psn and xb1 are far calmer these days. 

Gamers my arse, more like pretenders and drama queens. . .

Edit: I meant by "today's gamers" in general.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I meant to give an update on this a while back but forgot. So good news for all you anti trolls out there. There is a new anti Troll system that rocket league uses and I can confirm it works much better then the last.

I was banned for 1 day, then 3 days and recently banned again for a week. So the system works. If you want to know what the system picked up about me from reports feel free to ask.

Just remember it's only bans from using the ingame chat not playing the game.

Now trolls like me can still have our fun we just had to adapt. Still incredibly easy to trigger people by using the quick chat prompts such as
"what a save" if you use them sarcastically. So not foolproof but it's definitely reducing the toxic levels way down.

Know this will make some gamers harden up again. I know I am.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:

What you mean? 

Kerotan said:
Qwark said:
Ah the good old days when you could call your teammate a bloody wanker if he died to much in stupid ways a.k.a. killing themselves. Despite what people think not everything has a double meaning. Sometimes when you call someone a bloody wanker you mean just that. Anyway I don't play online much except with a group of friends and we pretty much banter all the time. Kind a how we did during the couch co-op days. If I would pull the shit I did there online saving blue sells, stealing stars in Mario Party and rubbing it in ofcourse. I am pretty sure I will be kicked out pretty quickly in todays world.

Do you remember starting up a game on hard-core search and destroy on cod4 and half the time your team mate would pull out the rpg and blow up his entire team at the start. 

Ah good old days.

Kerotan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

What you mean? 

people being banned for being toxic sexually excites me.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Well... sounds like I certainly wouldn’t want to play with you. Sounds like you are a rather obnoxious teammate.

gergroy said:
Well... sounds like I certainly wouldn’t want to play with you. Sounds like you are a rather obnoxious teammate.

Nah if you're my friend I'm a very good team mate. I'm in hot demand on my friends list to play with people on many games, RL, rainbow 6, battlefront 2, cod4, battlefield etc. I'm the ultimate team player when I'm in a party of friends. And they all laugh in despair when they hear how toxic I am when I play by myself. Biggest Troll ever they call me.