By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best WiiU to NS Port/Remaster So Far?

Best WiiU to NS Port/Remaster So Far?

Bayonetta 2 173 14.67%

Captain Toad: Treasure Tacker 15 1.27%

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 97 8.23%

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition 59 5.00%

LEGO City Undercover 12 1.02%

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 461 39.10%

Pokken Tournament DX 13 1.10%

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition 18 1.53%

None - I hate this industry trend 161 13.66%

None - I don't own a Switch 170 14.42%

Total:1,179

I think it has to be MK8 Deluxe. It takes what was already, arguably, the best racing game of all time and actually made it better, thanks to substantial, addictive battle options.

Around the Network

MK8 Deluxe is the most notable improvement over the original. All DCL. A fixed battle-mode. Jumping from 720P-1080P. Plus the local multiplayer works very well with the Switch concept. Rayman is arguably worse on Switch. Captain Toad is a bit more awkward without the gamepad. With most of the others the new content doesn't improve all that much on the original, and Bayonetta doesn't really add anything as far as I know other than running slightly smoother but without any other improvements.

Currently MK8D, soon to be NSMB WiiUD

SKMBlake said:
Vodacixi said:
FAST RMX and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Boost in resolution, fixed framerate, more content...

Fast RMX wasn't on the Wii U.

I voted Mario Kart 8 Deluxe too.

Fast rmx is basically fast racing neo with some new content added, like mario kart.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate /s

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

If we're talking the best overall package, I'd say Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. If were were talking the most improved over the Wii U version... well, I'd still say MK8D since it has so many little improvements over the original that really stack up, but it has close competition from Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, which runs much better than the original and has a bunch of extra content.

flashfire926 said:
SKMBlake said:

Fast RMX wasn't on the Wii U.

I voted Mario Kart 8 Deluxe too.

Fast rmx is basically fast racing neo with some new content added, like mario kart.

No, it's officially a sequel, and will remain it. 

SKMBlake said:
flashfire926 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_RMX

"The game serves as an expanded version of Fast Racing Neo for the Wii U,"

there we go.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

On topic, I think it's Fast RMX, with mario kart 8 being a close second.

RMX is the game that highlights the difference between switch and wii u.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAkVPTn8cc

Mariokart 8-D with the added battle mode is basically a perfect game. Well, scratch that. They need to add Diddy Kong back for it to be perfect.

Bet with Intrinsic:

SKMBlake said:
flashfire926 said:

Doesn't the RMX stand for "Remix" though.