By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Puppeteer on PS3 still one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen

Released in the twilight years of Sony's last gen console, and to dismal sales of just 270k lifetime, Puppeteer didn't exactly set the world on fire. And yet, even 5 years later, in a market ruled by vastly more powerful hardware, I still have yet to see many games that can match it visually.

Sure, technologically it can't hold a candle to today's AAA blockbusters, but its gorgeous aesthetics, particularly its extraordinary use of light, colour, and materials, just hold up wonderfully.

I struggle to think of a 7th gen game that has aged more gracefully, and it stands as a real tribute to the power of great art direction and smart use of finite resources to overcome raw technological limitations.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 September 2018

Around the Network

That first image is magnifique

Unfortunately, this is one of the few PS3 exclusives that I never got around to giving a go. Not my style of game, but I can definitely see what you mean. It’s a very pretty game for sure.

I think God of War 3 is another game that has aged quite well, graphically.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Loved the game, a very competent platformer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm fairly sure this was gifted as a psn+ title fairly shortly after its release, could explain the lower sales figures for it, slightly explain anyway.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

They should rerelease it for PS4 + PSVR. In VR mode the player could chose a seat in the virtual theater and they could fill up the rest of the seats with NPCs for atmosphere.

They should remaster it in 4k on ps4. Did Sony publish it?

Bristow9091 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
I'm fairly sure this was gifted as a psn+ title fairly shortly after its release, could explain the lower sales figures for it, slightly explain anyway.

Yeah it was given away on Plus, that's how I got it, lol :P

Kerotan said:
They should remaster it in 4k on ps4. Did Sony publish it?

They made it so I'm about 102.4% sure they also published it ;)

Ditto

I'm not even sure if I ever installed it on either of my ps3's it just looked to me like a LBP rip off type game but then... nothing is better than those in that genre so yeah, I just added it to the pile and moved on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It's a nice game. Too bad it flopped pretty badly.

I loved the atmosphere of that game. Kind of a magical experience.