By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - August NPD result are out NSW: ~203K PS4: ~197K XB1: ~162K 3DS: ~71K

SpokenTruth said:
quickrick said:

It's actually slightly down so far, zorg was using the 215k number. doesn't really matter, predictions from many was it would destroy ps4 in sales this year on NPD, or be the next wii. i don't keep quoting them, or trying to make fun of a prediction that's like 8 months old or more, which i only really used fall off a cliff to combat the hyperbole, i did think it would lose momentum big though.

Do you have exact numbers?  Are you only talking US?

And you can't talk about sales falling off a cliff for months, get proven wrong and then come back and claim it was counter-hyperbole.   You don't get out of eating crow pie that easily.

NPD 2018 totals (January-August)
PS4: ~2295K
NSW: ~1994K
XB1: ~1700K

NPD 2017 totals (January-August)
PS4: ~2191K
NSW: ~2003K
XB1: ~1231K

PS4: +5%, NSW: -0.5%, XB1: +38%

that was like 10 months ago, i already ate enough crow, and changed my prediction to flat like 9 months ago.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
SpokenTruth said:

And you can't talk about sales falling off a cliff for months, get proven wrong and then come back and claim it was counter-hyperbole.   You don't get out of eating crow pie that easily.

that was like 10 months ago, i already ate enough crow, and changed my prediction to flat like 9 months ago.

Dude its flat, its half a percent.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:
SpokenTruth said:

Haha, now the penny drops after an extended period of denial, 9 months ago would be January though, I think you were still on cliff digging duty at that point in time.

Good month for ps4 and switch. Xbox not bad but losing by a margin again. Crazy to think ps4 Pro is 400 and ps4 is 300 and it's still selling this well in a quiet month. Sony vindicated despite my please for a permanent price cut last holiday. They knew it would sell well enough without on. September will be beautiful. Was the last huge ps4 September the one where destiny released? Wonder how this will compare.

This month ended on a real cliffhanger.

Around the Network

Switch takes August, but you'd be high not to see PS4 gonna kick that booty in Sept. Spider-Man gonna sweep up

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

For sure PS4 is taking September, the Switch basically hung on to take August, it could have gone either way with the PS4's late surge.

So this was a restocking of ps4pro? I don't remember any big games for august

Come on Xbox, win a goddamn month! Good to see it doing well, but we've been waiting a long time.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

pastro243 said:
So this was a restocking of ps4pro? I don't remember any big games for august

Probably the special edition 500 million helped a decent amount. I know it was only 50k worldwide so probably 20k or so to the US.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.