By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally got around to beating Horizon

Kerotan said:
RolStoppable said:

7/10 is a good score.

Yeah it's like the 7/10 scores edge give games. You know it's good. 

I'd give this a 9.5/10 myself. Absolute adored it from start to finish. Can't wait to play frozen wilds. 

Considering it's been out for like 9 months now, why have you been waiting?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Color me [not] surprised.

7/10 is a good score.

Maybe for you but I wouldnt touch a 7/10 game if I was paid $30 to play it.

Still my favourite game from last year, though there are some that I still haven't gotten around to yet. One of the best open world games in general that I've played.

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah it's like the 7/10 scores edge give games. You know it's good. 

I'd give this a 9.5/10 myself. Absolute adored it from start to finish. Can't wait to play frozen wilds. 

Considering it's been out for like 9 months now, why have you been waiting?

Stupid reason. I bought horizon on usa account. Frozen wilds launched with a ps plus discount but because I had plus on my eu account I couldn't get the discount. So I said I'd wait for the discount on usa psn. Its now permanently $10 on it but I've been too lazy to get my buddy to get me a psn card for the USA account. Also been travelling most of the summer so I'm OK with waiting. 

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Color me [not] surprised.

7/10 is a good score.

It’s an ok score, and I didn’t expect a higher one from J_Allard. I would have been surprised if he had given this exclusive game a higher score.

And while a 7/10 score is an ok one, his text comes off as pretty negative. Barely a mention is made about what the game does well. Focusing instead on what he didn’t enjoy (everything outside the story and graphics). 

Classic J_Allard talking about a PS exlusive title.

Last edited by Hynad - on 13 September 2018

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
I'm curious as to how you got 50 hours out of this game without completing it. I think I exhausted two-thirds of the content in the game, and completed the main story, in about 30 hours.

I like the game a lot. At the time I think I would have given it a 9 out of 10. Now, in hindsight, I think it's probably an eight. I'd say a very good game, that falls noticeably short of great.

I got 89% of the trophies in about 45 hours.  Another 3 and I will have the plat...now if I could just be motivated enough to run around for 3 hours to get the collectibles lol.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

contestgamer said:
RolStoppable said:

7/10 is a good score.

And that is why you will miss out on playing many amazing games.

The opinion of 100 people, some with bias, =/= the mass appeal of millions.  Your logic is heavily flawed.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I usually don't go back to play games after new DLC comes out, so I haven't played Frozen Wilds, but I did beat the original game, and completed most of the extra side content as well. Overall it's one of my favorite PS4 games.

contestgamer said:
RolStoppable said:

7/10 is a good score.

Shirley you’re joking.

9/10 for me and GOTG. Started frozen wilds when I hit level 27, made the game easier with the best weapons.