By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally got around to beating Horizon

Horizon is in my top 50 greatest games of all time. Any publication that gives it less than an 8 is being pretentious with their reviews.

Around the Network

I only have good memories of Horizon, it dragged me away from VR for a while. BotW put it on hold, yet after I finished that I started a new game and completed everything. 2 amazing games in a row!

I played a few hours and stopped... about a year ago?

Part of the problem is I haven't been in the mood for that type of game. I'm more inclined to just play a more straight forward experience, a more linear experience.

I'm sure I'll play it eventually though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

9.5 to me. I always place heavy emphasis on story and I enjoyed HZD's take more than I did the Witcher 3's . In retrospective now that I have played Breath of the Wild, I have to say Horizon is really and 8.5-9.0 game. The gameplay lacks polish, and the combat at times is uneven. However the game is such an Aural/Visual feast that I forgave a lot of its shortcomings. It's my 3rd favorite open world game right behind BotW and Skyrim.

Did you notice the main character is a girl? How cool is that?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Color me [not] surprised.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/304/old.jpg

d21lewis said:
I couldn't finish it, either. It didn't hook me. A week after I bought it, the Switch released. After a hundred plus hours in that game, I kinda forgot what I was trying to do in Horizon. I'll have to start it from scratch one day. It was a good game. Just bad timing.

Yeah sometimes you just don’t feel like playing this type of game. 

Oops, quoted wrong post. Man this site blows on mobile.

Glad you were able to complete the game. Wish you could have enjoyed it as much as I did.

For me Horizon is the 2nd best TV and Gamepad game I have ever played. It is tucked right between The Last of Us and God of War.

I loved every moment of this game. For me the Combat and Gameplay was the most enjoyable I have ever had the joy of controlling. The only thing it falls short in compared to TLOU is the character connection. I love Aloy, but the other characters fell short.

Would like to see your thoughts after finishing Frozen Wilds.

I am looking forward to Horizon PS5.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I'm sorry you didn't like the game.

But yes the gameplay even on the hardest setting can be easy if you attack from far.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

7/10 isn’t not liking it.

And you’re supposed to attack from a distance. Almost every weapon you have is a ranged bow to shoot arrows. There’s no depth to the melee combat whatsoever. It’s light attack or heavy, that’s it.

LudicrousSpeed said:
7/10 isn’t not liking it.

And you’re supposed to attack from a distance. Almost every weapon you have is a ranged bow to shoot arrows. There’s no depth to the melee combat whatsoever. It’s light attack or heavy, that’s it.

Ok, so you liked but not as much as most on the site, fair.

Yes I agree you are supposed to attack from distance (even if the game don't really say it), attacking from near is a nightmare and can be quite challenging (when I wasn't fighting T-Rex I used to fight from near). You can get quite good at positioning, one arrow to get the robot to stop and them melee it. But sure I do agree that the combat is a lot more simple than some other games even if it have a lot of different weapons.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."