By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Not all Switch games support cloud saves

Minori on Twitter took a picture of the back of "Hakuoki Shinkai: Fuukaden," with some text that translates to “Compatible with Save Data Cloud Backup of Nintendo Switch Online.”

Additionally, the Nintendo UK website for Switch Online has been updated with this:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Online/Nintendo-Switch-Online-1183143.html

-----

This is technically all a rumor, but signs are pointing towards confirmed, guess we'll find out during the upcoming Nintendo Direct. :/

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Isnt that already confirmed. I could swear Ive heard that before.

It's a brand new and exciting technology. You can't expect them to get it right on their first try.

I'm not sure but I'm gonna assume there are some rare outliers on steam that don't work either. Then again, it's a pc, there are endless possibilities to back up your saves forever and for free.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KLXVER said:
Isnt that already confirmed. I could swear Ive heard that before.

Yes it was, but seems some people didnt want to belive in that.  :D

I'm guessing games like NBA with 5gb save files won't support it.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
I'm guessing games like NBA with 5gb save files won't support it.

That's what I was thinking.

Also remember that any online game had save file limitations on the Wii.
It is something that they have done before, keeping a save file locked into hardware.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"