By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow! (09/13/18)

Jumpin said:

It probably won't happen, but I HOPE that a port of Xenoblade Chronicles X is announced!

Some changes probably need to happen: 1. fixed UI, and 2. fixed audio bugs (since the music and cutscene dialogue are often independent of each other, sometimes a big note/vocals hits at the same time as a character says something important, and you can't hear them). Even if they do not, I will still accept a port, because I want to play this game again!

Also make resource-gathering less annoying by showing a map of at least the general area where you can find what you are looking for once it has been entered into the Collectopedia

Around the Network

and 4 days later sony conference, let the battle begin😉

Jumpin said:

It probably won't happen, but I HOPE that a port of Xenoblade Chronicles X is announced!

Some changes probably need to happen: 1. fixed UI, and 2. fixed audio bugs (since the music and cutscene dialogue are often independent of each other, sometimes a big note/vocals hits at the same time as a character says something important, and you can't hear them). Even if they do not, I will still accept a port, because I want to play this game again!

I'd also love to see a port of Dragon Quest 9 with all its co-op multiplayer awesomeness.

Really any ports of classic RPGs would be great. Working Designs announced the Grandia games, why not announce Lunar SS and EB? I love both games. Any classic 16/32-bit era RPG ports would be appreciated. As much as I like RPGs these days, I find that they lack the good pacing that RPGs had back then - it takes ~70-100 hours today to achieve (sometimes less than) what these games did in 20-30 hours.

Its probably still too soon for the game to be announced.I truly believe the port is already in the works, but given that XC 2 DLC is basically upon us, announcing a port of XCX now would be a dumb move, because the games appeal to the same audience and it would take the attention off the DLC.

I think showing it in January makes far more sense.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

HintHRO said:
A Nintendo Direct or a Smash Direct? After this year's E3 I'm not sure Nintendo knows the difference.

Nah, we had last month specifik Smash Direct.

melbye said:

Awesome news, and hopefully not 25 minutes of Smash this time. Frankly would rather not hear about Smash or Pokemon at all in this one. I want something new that is big.

Yeah there is no way we aint getting new Smash character revealed, especially since an insider on ResetERA is teasing a character one in the Smash thread over there.

In case you want to get possibly spoiled.

Its Skull Kid 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That's how I felt with Luigi's Mansion was announced for 3DS and not Switch. Confused me 

They reutilized Dark Moon's engine. It's simple and cost effective. The end.

Considering how well Dark Moon sold they are obviously making a 3rd one and that has to be on Switch which means they either have an engine or they are making modifications to the Dark Moon-engine so it works on Switch, there just isn't an excuse why Luigi's Mansion is a 3DS-game only.

Yerm said:
-info and release date for Nintendo Switch paid online services
-complete list of NES games available through the service on day 1
-Smash Bros character reveal and hidden mode reveal
-Xenoblade X deluxe edition
-Lets Go Pikachu & Eevee new pokemon reveal
-hopefully Pikmin 4

thats as hopeful as im willing to get for this direct. best not to set your expectations too high

Source? Or is this just you speculating? A port of Xenoblade X would be fantastic news! 

35 minute direct. That means

5 minutes devoted to a huge plethora of totally new games unannounced until now.
30 minutes devoted to Smash details that we somehow haven't learned already.

Mar1217 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That's how I felt with Luigi's Mansion was announced for 3DS and not Switch. Confused me 

They reutilized Dark Moon's engine. It's simple and cost effective. The end.

No the end to it. Would've made much more sense to make it for an actual thriving platform rather than a dying on its last legs platform. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

mZuzek said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
35 minute direct. That means

5 minutes devoted to a huge plethora of totally new games unannounced until now.
30 minutes devoted to Smash details that we somehow haven't learned already.

I do hope you're just joking. I've seen this comment far more than enough to trigger me, but I expected more from you. I guess Smash haters are really just that burned out from the amount of Smash present in a SMASH-FOCUSED DIRECT and a SMASH DIRECT, to the point where they can't even tell the difference anymore. This direct will not spend a large portion of its running time on any particular game, because Nintendo hasn't said it would - unlike their E3 presentation, which wasn't only previously announced to be Smash-centric, it was also the third E3 presentation in a row by Nintendo to focus on a single game. People just hated on this one because it's a multiplayer game.

I'm just kidding.  I plan to get the game in December.  

I do feel like E3 gave me enough info on Smash though.  The direct that came later seemed like overkill.  I'm already going to get the game, and I'm ok with some details actually being a secret.