By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Hmm...should I add emulated games to my Games Collection?

It seems wrong to add emulated software to one's game list unless one actually "owns" the game in some fashion (ie. a cartridge/disc version, or paid digital download of it). Not having the system intended to run the game isn't important, though.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

Well, if you are gonna go through all the trouble of telling us you stole FF8, why not just add it :) I am just messing with you. Even though I still buy games for old systems (PS, PS2, GC, GBA) that I may not even own, I also play old games that I don't buy (NES flash games).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I don't see anything wrong with that. I have Chrono Trigger and Earthbound on emulation but that did not stop me from adding them on my game collection. I used to have Chrono Cross on emulation but the Playstation emulator I was using was deleted. I just recently bought an official copy of the game sealed at I-Con and it was the greatest hits version for $25. I was about 15+ hours in the game when I played in on emulator. I haven't played it much since I want to beat CT first since I heard it was easier to enjoy playing Cross after you play through Trigger

Do it I added some pirated games

Who's it going to hurt? Some people have games that aren't released, games they no longer own, and games that don't exist. If you're okay with counting emulated games, go for it. I won't think any more or less of you.

Around the Network

Well you can buy FFVIII and FFIX from amazon for about $35.

Ari_Gold said:
Well you can buy FFVIII and FFIX from amazon for about $35.

What a ripoff?!  You can buy Chrono Cross off that same site for only 20$ though I bought mine at an anime convention for $25

I bet you'll get bored very very soon, since FFVIII is made of FAIL

I put games that I own or have owned at some point (...bought my PS1 with $0 the day it came out :p)

I guess you can put games that you played extensively (as finished or close to).

but don't put your emulation list.... I mean all of GB NES SNES GEN MS and neogeo hold on a single DVD, you might as well leave the field blank and say you own them all.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Yeah, I've done it as well.