By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Hmm...should I add emulated games to my Games Collection?

quigontcb said:
Riachu said:
quigontcb said:
Soriku said:
@Ari

lol, better emulating it for free. And I'm gonna go play FF VIII right now. Peace out.

Why don't we all just use emulators and pirated games instead of buying games? Then all the game companies could go under, legit game shops would cease to exist, and then VGChartz along with it. Maybe if we all get together and do that, the industry will go kapoot before Kingdom Hearts 3 is finished.

We only emulate older games. We buy(or rent from Gamefly) new releases, especially if they are great games

He's "only" emulating a game that is very easy to find online and, at least in my case, quite a few stores in my area. It's not a matter of him not being able to find the game, he's taking it for free when there are other options.

It is not like Square enix would benefit from a sale from a game released like 9 years ago

Around the Network
Riachu said:
quigontcb said:
Riachu said:
quigontcb said:
Soriku said:
@Ari

lol, better emulating it for free. And I'm gonna go play FF VIII right now. Peace out.

Why don't we all just use emulators and pirated games instead of buying games? Then all the game companies could go under, legit game shops would cease to exist, and then VGChartz along with it. Maybe if we all get together and do that, the industry will go kapoot before Kingdom Hearts 3 is finished.

We only emulate older games. We buy(or rent from Gamefly) new releases, especially if they are great games

He's "only" emulating a game that is very easy to find online and, at least in my case, quite a few stores in my area. It's not a matter of him not being able to find the game, he's taking it for free when there are other options.

It is not like Square enix would benefit from a sale from a game released like 9 years ago

It's not like that changes what he's doing either. No, SE wouldn't really be benefitting from it, but there are a lot of stores(online and other) that could use the business. 

It's not like this is some obscure NES game whose parent company folded years ago either. The game is readily available. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Riachu said:

Then how do you explain FF8 Remake on DS2? 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

quigontcb said:
Riachu said:

It's not like that changes what he's doing either. No, SE wouldn't really be benefitting from it, but there are a lot of stores(online and other) that could use the business.

It's not like this is some obscure NES game whose parent company folded years ago either. The game is readily available.

The only games I have on emulator as of right now are Chrono Trigger and Earthbound.  Both games are expensive on ebay and you can't find them in stores. I used to have Chrono cross on emulator but I recently bought an offical copy of it at a convention like I keep saying to everyone

I don't do it and I don't want to add them...(takes to much time).

Around the Network
Riachu said:
d21lewis said:
I like how Soriku went to play the game at 20:48, and at 20:59, he was back! Heelarious!

He probably didn't actually play the game yet but is going to soon enough

I know. You can tell by his comment. I was just poking fun! He's offline now, so he's probably playing it for real. Hope Soriku likes it.

No, and the piracy discussions are inappropriate. Piracy is illegal, and it's not something we condone at all. Next time you bring it up, you'll be banned.