By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict the metascores for the major upcoming fall releases.

flashfire926 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

http://opencritic.com/game/4829/playerunknowns-battlegrounds?tab=1&reviewId=97735

There's 4 reviews that are clearly labeled XB1. These reviewers all gave out scores for the XB1 version, even though it was in early access.

A year old port to another platform is not a major release. And if you think it is, then where is Dark Souls for Switch? Where is Disgaea 1 for Switch? Where is Labryinth of Refrain? 

Regardless of it's a port or not, the game has had over 8 million players on xbox (prolly about ~7 million copies sold) and is regularly on top of Xbox's charts. By all means it's a major release.

And those are only 4 reviews. Majority of the reviews will come after 1.0 releases.

Even then I'm talking about metacritic and not opencritic, which has 0 reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/playerunknowns-battlegrounds

And I did list dark souls on switch, at the bottom. And no, niche japanese games aren't "major".

Like you said, the game sold around 7 million copies. They had physical boxes for this game at all major retailers. That means it already came out. So, no it is not a major release of 2018. 

You said that nobody reviewed early access games. If there are reviews written for early access games, then doesn't that show your claim to be false? 

Opencritic doesn't weight the scores with a hidden formula like Metacritic does. So IMO Opencritic is more trustworthy. 

PUBG should be at the bottom too then. It's not a new release, but an update to a year old game. 

Around the Network

Spiderman 95

Insomniac has never worked on an IP this big before. Ratchet, Sunset Overdrive, and Resistance never had the kind of potential this one does. Big epic open world games are what the industry critics tend to go ga ga over. Not those smaller games. 

Shadow of The Tomb Raider 89

The third game in a solid reboot. Easy to predict this one. 

Valkyria Chronicles 4 87

Already played the demo on Switch. They basically copy/pasta'd the original game mechanics, but with new characters, stories, and levels. 

Super Mario Party 68 Mario Party never does well with critics. It's always been a bad series, regardless of what fans say. 

Assassins Creed: Odyssey 85

The six or seventh game in a good series. Easy. 

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 78

Deserves a lot worse, but all FPS shooters get an easy +5 to aggregate scores, due to the number of critics that love FPS. 

Starlink Battle for Atlas 81

It'll get good scores, but I still won't buy a glorified Toys to Life game. 

Soulcalibur VI 82

Red Dead Redemption II 93

Spyro Reignited Trilogy 81

Fallout 76 86

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu 77

Dumbing down of the Poke'mon series. Hopefully it gets forgotten in the dustbin of history. 

Battlefield V 84

Darksdsiders 3  86

Just Cause 4 82

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 91

Labryinth of Refrain 78 (Still a good game. Just too many graphics whores out there for this to get a fair shake.)

Dark Souls 82

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 02 September 2018

John2290 said:
Red dead at a 97.

The few that I know enough about to judge critics reactions.

That's bold. Any reasons why? I know jack squat about this game, other than it is a sequel. 

Cerebralbore101 said:

John2290 said:
Red dead at a 97.

The few that I know enough about to judge critics reactions.

That's bold. Any reasons why? I know jack squat about this game, other than it is a sequel. 

It's a Rockstar game. It's guaranteed a high 90s score.

PUBG 1.0 (9/4) - 69

Destiny 2 Forsaken (9/4) - 78

Spiderman (9/7) - 83

Shadow of The Tomb Raider (9/14) - 90

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (9/25) -74

Life is Strange 2: episode 1 (9/27) - 72

Forza Horizon 4 (10/2) - 81

Mega Man 11 (10/2) - 75

Super Mario Party (10/5) - 70

Assassins Creed: Odyssey (10/5) - 80

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (10/12) - 71

Starlink Battle for Atlas (10/16) - 65

Soulcalibur VI (10/19) - ??

Red Dead Redemption II (10/26) - 92

Overkill's The Walking Dead (11/6) - 68

Hitman 2 (11/13) - 83

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (11/13) - 78

Fallout 76 (11/14) - 85

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu (11/16) -76

Battlefield V (11/20) - 63

Darksiders 3  (11/27) - ??

Just Cause 4 (12/4) - 85

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (12/7) - 91

no answer for Soulcalibur or Darksiders 3 simply because i know absolutely nothing about them

Last edited by Yerm - on 02 September 2018

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said: 

PUBG should be at the bottom too then. It's not a new release, but an update to a year old game. 

done.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

What Jason1637 said but if you'd had played the first one you'd understand my confidence, that combined with rockstars brand, insane budget and attention to detail and polish in GTA5 it's going to be at least a 95 however if what I've seen so far is an indication it could beat BoTW and Odessy with a 98, I settled on 97 as a compromise. 

I played the first one and liked it. Didn't realize how high GTAV got. Should be a better story than GTA since the Wild West is more interesting than modern day. 

PUBG 1.0 (9/4) = 71
Destiny 2 Forsaken (9/4) = 75
Spiderman (9/7) = 89
Shadow of The Tomb Raider (9/14) = 87
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (9/25) = 83
Life is Strange 2: episode 1 (9/27) - 84
Forza Horizon 4 (10/2) = 89
Mega Man 11 (10/2) = 77
Super Mario Party (10/5) = 65
Assassins Creed: Odyssey (10/5) = 84
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (10/12) = 79
Starlink Battle for Atlas (10/16) = 70
Soulcalibur VI (10/19) = 79
Red Dead Redemption II (10/26) = 93
Overkill's The Walking Dead (11/6) = 68
Hitman 2 (11/13) = 86
Spyro Reignited Trilogy (11/13) = 80
Fallout 76 (11/14) = 68
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu (11/16) = 53
Battlefield V (11/20) = 77
Darksiders 3 (11/27) = 82
Just Cause 4 (12/4) = 76
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (12/7) = 93

A few months ago, I got into major arguments with people over whether or not Let's Go would be a good game. Based on the above posts, it looks like people's opinion of this game has changed. What happened?

Cerebralbore101 said:
A few months ago, I got into major arguments with people over whether or not Let's Go would be a good game. Based on the above posts, it looks like people's opinion of this game has changed. What happened?

??? Besides the one post in the 50s range, most are in the mid to high 70s, which I would assume for most people it means a good game.