By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game(s) are you pushing off for Black Friday?

With all the high-profile games coming out in the next couple of months, I'm curious to know which ones are you waiting for a Black Friday sale for?

I might wait for a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Black Friday sale since I've already got Spider-Man pre-ordered, which comes out a week earlier and I plan to buy all the DLC for it, maybe Soul Calibur 6 as well.

I thought about Black Ops 4, but I decided I don't want to support Activi$ion this year after their business practices, eye-gouging for DLC and don't even get me started on what I fear they'll do with Blackout Mode (the trade-off for dumping the campaign), I already have horrible thoughts running through my head of how they'll implement vehicles.

Around the Network

With my collection as it is ( big ), I tend to wait for sales on the most popular/readily available games ( God Of War, Spiderman ), and buy the smaller/mid-tier games on launch day, as they are almost always more difficult to obtain later on. I've been doing this for a few years now, and although I do still occasionally buy the huge AAA games on launch day, it's pretty much a constant pattern. So I guess Detroit, and God Of War will be on my BF hit list. Spider-Man too if it's on sale.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'll be busy with Destiny and some backlog until Red Dead, and that should hold me until Black Friday. So, I'll be waiting for everything else. That means Spidey and Ass Creed (pending decent reviews), and anything else that sounds awesome between now and then.

DQ11 comes out tomorrow. Are there even good games released in the rest of the year?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
DQ11 comes out tomorrow. Are there even good games released in the rest of the year?

I never would have pinned you as a DQ fan. :D

Around the Network

I am set for the rest of the year. In January, my next wave of games will be purchased.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Spiderman
Red Dead 2
Dragon Quest XI

are at the top of that list. I will pick up Xenoblade 2 Torna, Smash, and Mario Party upon release however. I swear, there are too many good games coming this holiday at once lol. Never have I actually HOPED for a drought just to have an opportunity to get other games I want, but am currently holding off on.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Cerebralbore101 said:
vivster said:

I never would have pinned you as a DQ fan. :D

Why? I got into gaming due to JRPGs and played them religiously for a long time. I have played all DQ and FF games and most JRPGs that exist. I've most likely played more DQ than anyone on this forum.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Pretty much everything that's come out since March through black friday, except for Fallout 76. Have the power armor edition of that on pre-order.

Buying everything i want day one this fall

I'm putting off spider-man till black friday sales. Thats it really.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick