By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game(s) are you pushing off for Black Friday?

maybe shadow of the tomb raider, maybe AC(kinda burned out on AC atm). red dead 2 and forza h4, i cant wait that long.

BFV looks like it will be on sale regardless.

a huge maybe is spiderman, just not happy about dlc right after launch, leaning heavy to wait for game of the year edition and get the whole game down the road and focus n all the other titles and backlog.

Around the Network

I've been putting most of the Nintendo releases (DKCTP, MTA, Captain Toad etc.) this year off until I can get them cheaper. Doubtful if those will get any discounts, but stuff like Okami HD and Wolf 2 might.

God of War. Seems to me I'll just wait and get that on BF if I don't find a decent deal before

Fallout 4, I've seen this on sale many times on the PS Store for 12 bucks. If it's cheaper than on that I might get it

Horizon the frozen wilds. Been waiting for this to drop heavily in price. Hopefully black Friday is when that happens

Of the upcoming high-profile games, none tbh. Perhaps Spider Man or RDR 2. I'll get those two games eventually, but I'm not in a hurry to play them. I need to further reduce my backlog.

Games that I'll keep an eye on BF:

Fallout 4 GOTY.
Horizon: ZD.
Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy.
PS plus at a cheaper price (just like last year).

Not a game but a system. I am waiting for the Black Friday to buy a Switch, if it doesn't pop up any interesting offer than I will wait for early 2019 to purchase.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

I'm buying what I want at launch this year, and I only want Horizon 4 (And I bought Gamepass for that). But idk yet, newer games tend to sell for $50 here in Canada on Black friday at Bestbuy and stuff, maybe Fallout 76?. I got Forza Motorsport 7 last year for $50 with my Arctis 5 headset.
I think Cybermonday is where its gonna count for me, I need me a new motherboard, ram, and CPU. Still waiting for the GTX/RTX 2060.

vivster said:
DQ11 comes out tomorrow. Are there even good games released in the rest of the year?

I'm really only excited for it and Valkyria Chronicles 4.

I'll probably pick up Spiderman during Black Friday sales, but I can't imagine I'll be buying much else. Pretty awful end of the year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

bananaking21 said:
God of War. Seems to me I'll just wait and get that on BF if I don't find a decent deal before

Fallout 4, I've seen this on sale many times on the PS Store for 12 bucks. If it's cheaper than on that I might get it

Horizon the frozen wilds. Been waiting for this to drop heavily in price. Hopefully black Friday is when that happens

Horizon + Frozen Wilds has been $15 several times over the past two months. What price are you hoping to see?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nothing specific really. Probably gonna get some games from last year that I missed for even cheaper than they already are. Nier: Automata maybe.

vivster said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I never would have pinned you as a DQ fan. :D

Why? I got into gaming due to JRPGs and played them religiously for a long time. I have played all DQ and FF games and most JRPGs that exist. I've most likely played more DQ than anyone on this forum.

You always struck me as the PC-Only type. And JRPGs used to never come to PC. What JRPGs have you played? I've played...

Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star IV
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Paper Mario II
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Quest IX
SMT: IV
Persona 3

Persona 4
Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey V
Etrian Odyssey II
Skies of Arcadia
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy X
Xenoblade Chronicles 
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Then there's my backlog. Probably 50% JRPGs.