By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2K happy with NBA / WWE’s performance on Switch, will continue support

Um....yay..?



Around the Network
Train wreck said:
It's odd that after 17 months, threads still have to be created to validate 3rd party games on the switch. With the caveat "Waiting to people twist around this also. :D"

Well some people still think that Western 3rd party game cant sell good enugh and that Switch will not have continued support from that. About that second, reference to this thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237422&page=7



Miyamotoo said:
Shiken said:
Wait, they were happy with WWE performance on Switch...but said WWE2k19 would not come to Switch due to..."backlash"...

I guess 2 plus 2 equals fish now?

"There was a noticeable pause before he added WWE in that first sentence, and for understandable reasons. The game's Metacritic average of 35 was barely half that of the other versions of the game, and its technical issues were well-documented. A month later, 2K confirmed that WWE 2K19 would skip the Switch, explaining, "2K is focused on making the best possible experience for WWE 2K fans and will continue evaluating all opportunities to deliver the franchise across additional platforms.""

And when you translate all of the PR behind it, it reads "We are too lazy to deliver a proper port of the game so we will be not be making it at all."

 

I remember seeing a tweet somewhere that it was due to the backlash WWE2k18 received, but I do not have time to track it down right now.  More demanding games have no problem on Switch, and the fact that NBA2k18 ran fine post patch, which is also arguably more demanding, it points to the developers being too lazy to give us a good port, and not willing to deal with being called out for it.

 

Just calling it like I see it...



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

What about L.A. Noire ?



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Shiken said:
Miyamotoo said:

"There was a noticeable pause before he added WWE in that first sentence, and for understandable reasons. The game's Metacritic average of 35 was barely half that of the other versions of the game, and its technical issues were well-documented. A month later, 2K confirmed that WWE 2K19 would skip the Switch, explaining, "2K is focused on making the best possible experience for WWE 2K fans and will continue evaluating all opportunities to deliver the franchise across additional platforms.""

And when you translate all of the PR behind it, it reads "We are too lazy to deliver a proper port of the game so we will be not be making it at all."

I remember seeing a tweet somewhere that it was due to the backlash WWE2k18 received, but I do not have time to track it down right now.  More demanding games have no problem on Switch, and the fact that NBA2k18 ran fine post patch, which is also arguably more demanding, it points to the developers being too lazy to give us a good port, and not willing to deal with being called out for it.

Just calling it like I see it...

Yeah, something like that, at least for this years WWE 2K.



Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
What about L.A. Noire ?

They already said in the past that what they had put in the console so far had got good sales.

 

https://nintendoeverything.com/take-two-says-its-switch-games-have-been-successful/



Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

As it has been pointed out, WWEk19 could have happened - if Switch really was meaningful for them. They sure as heck wouldn't leave the PS4 out if that version of the game had been as "good" as the Switch version.

It also goes to show that they don't want to release a sub-par version now, but they wanted/accepted such a thing with the first game?!

I liked the part where he had to pause to include WWE! :D

Still, if their are happy, then bring more games!



DélioPT said:
As it has been pointed out, WWEk19 could have happened - if Switch really was meaningful for them. They sure as heck wouldn't leave the PS4 out if that version of the game had been as "good" as the Switch version.

It also goes to show that they don't want to release a sub-par version now, but they wanted/accepted such a thing with the first game?!

I liked the part where he had to pause to include WWE! :D

Still, if their are happy, then bring more games!

WWE2K19 could have happened, if WWE2K18 had been a competent port.  End of story.  Whatever sales 2K got from the abysmal garbage they put out last year (strictly referencing the wrestling game, as the NBA port is fantastic), would have been far greater if the game hadn't been a broken mess that they never bothered to fix.  The game has been over 50% off in the eShop for most of this year.  Even then, I didn't bite because I followed the news like many others that the game was barely playable and 2K had pretty much abandoned it from ever being patched into competent condition.  2K's position of "we don't want to release a sub-par version" has an easy fix to it.  Craft a playable version and release that.  NBA2K18 has 10 players on the screen in constant motion with arena crowd in the background, and it plays wonderfully on Switch.  Blind Squirrel proved incapable of even managing to have a single wrestler walk down the entrance ramp without suffering significant slowdown.  There is "0" excuse for that aside from a sh*tty job by the developer.  As the old saying goes, "It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools".



Mandalore76 said:
DélioPT said:
As it has been pointed out, WWEk19 could have happened - if Switch really was meaningful for them. They sure as heck wouldn't leave the PS4 out if that version of the game had been as "good" as the Switch version.

It also goes to show that they don't want to release a sub-par version now, but they wanted/accepted such a thing with the first game?!

I liked the part where he had to pause to include WWE! :D

Still, if their are happy, then bring more games!

WWE2K19 could have happened, if WWE2K18 had been a competent port.  End of story.  Whatever sales 2K got from the abysmal garbage they put out last year (strictly referencing the wrestling game, as the NBA port is fantastic), would have been far greater if the game hadn't been a broken mess that they never bothered to fix.  The game has been over 50% off in the eShop for most of this year.  Even then, I didn't bite because I followed the news like many others that the game was barely playable and 2K had pretty much abandoned it from ever being patched into competent condition.  2K's position of "we don't want to release a sub-par version" has an easy fix to it.  Craft a playable version and release that.  NBA2K18 has 10 players on the screen in constant motion with arena crowd in the background, and it plays wonderfully on Switch.  Blind Squirrel proved incapable of even managing to have a single wrestler walk down the entrance ramp without suffering significant slowdown.  There is "0" excuse for that aside from a sh*tty job by the developer.  As the old saying goes, "It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools".

What i was trying to say was that, no matter how bad the first game, if they believed that Switch was a platform they couldn't live without, they put either more effort into making it happen.

I don't disagree with you: it was a bad port. Simple as that. Whether the developer had enough time and couldn't do better or it was a rush job to get it out on time.

 



SKMBlake said:
What about L.A. Noire ?

Outsold the X1 version, so you tell me.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261