By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dodgykebaab VS Jim Sterling: Shenmue

only777 said:

But let’s be honest here though.  This is released as a package ONLY, not separate releases.

Also, as I said; people can say they find it a boring game and dislike it.  That’s fine, it’s subjective.  But to string it up on points which are not correct is bullshit.

if you don’t like the story, fine.  If you find the acting wooden, fine.  But don’t make up nonsense to support your argument.  That’s pathetic.

Also to a different poster, trust me this ain’t for views.  If I was craving views, I’d do another WoW Private Server Review.  They take the views up super easy.

Let's be honest here though. Jim Sterling ONLY talked about Shenmue 1. You're "stringing him up" on points about a game he didn't even criticize, yet you still don't see why that matters.Who cares if its a part of a 2 part collection. He chose to only speak of the first one. Now, you can speculate all you want as to why he only focused on the first one, but you can't treat it as a fact.

You yourself admit your only two points that you can argue are objectively wrong is: He only talked about Shenmue I and not Shenmue 2. Secondly, he only talked about the story. This alone, you said, makes Jim's video not credible. Yet, you say his video was "filled with errors". What were you saying about being "pathetic",? Because that argument is weaker than my 104 year old grandmother.

It might not be for views, but what is it for? It certainly wasn't to validate your points. It appears to me you were projecting when you talked about Jim getting out a video as soon as possible to maximize views. You even went around advertising it to various gaming forums. Your video is bad, and you should feel bad.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 27 August 2018

Around the Network
only777 said:

But let’s be honest here though.  This is released as a package ONLY, not separate releases.

Also, as I said; people can say they find it a boring game and dislike it.  That’s fine, it’s subjective.  But to string it up on points which are not correct is bullshit.

if you don’t like the story, fine.  If you find the acting wooden, fine.  But don’t make up nonsense to support your argument.  That’s pathetic.

Also to a different poster, trust me this ain’t for views.  If I was craving views, I’d do another WoW Private Server Review.  They take the views up super easy.

Read your op, what content does it have for readers of this site?

"Look at my video"

Someone saying that op is looking for views is 100% correct, any wow videos you have with x number of views doesn't change what's in the op here.

Also someone pointed out that you mention Jim is just talking about the game because it's popular right now.... No irony in you making a video about sterdust lol, you might as well sing his theme song while you talk about him.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

think-man said:
I like Jim's video's, they're brutally honest.

I am starting to like Jim's videos, I still disagree with his Zelda BOTW review, but I have moved on and he does dish out some very good points. Same with Angry Joe. Brutally honest gamers trying to do the right thing for the industry. 

I used to like Jim but there's only so much of a person who's constantly negative I can listen too. Got bored eventually and don't follow him now.