By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you getting Black Ops 4?

Are you buying Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this year?

Yes 5 11.11%

No 36 80.00%

Maybe 4 8.89%

Total:45

I'm just curious to know who's getting CoD BO4 this year.

I'm not because of Activi$ion's money-grubbing antics this year. Their Black Ops pass shenanigans, locking DLC behind a season pass that you can only get with a $100 SE, and ditching the campaign for a Battle Royale mode which you just know Activi$ion is gonna fill with MTXs/loot boxes. I could totally see there being vehicles that you can only get inside loot boxes or MTXs (since we know it will have vehicles). After all, this IS the same company who puts guns that can only be obtained inside loot boxes and, unlike EA, people let Activi$ion get away with it, hmm...

This'll be the first CoD I outright boycott thanks to their shenanigans.

EDIT: oh, and apparently, snipers are still OHK while every other gun takes 5-7 shots to kill, so we can expect another quickscoping paradise game, all the more reason for me not to buy it.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 26 August 2018

Around the Network

No, i play COD for the campaign and BO4 doesn't have that.

Nope. Didn't buy the last two, and honestly removing the campaign gives me even less incentive to buy the game. Pass!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Not buying it because there’s no Day Zero Edition this time around

I don't like COD's multiplayer, it feels to claustrophobic and the maps are way too small. The last COD I played was WaW. The campaigns have also not been up to snuff and now there simply is none.

Around the Network

Solid nope.

Fell out with playing CoD since Blops 1, and since then I've never really been interested in playing it. Now they've decided to show their "I don't want to pay 30%, I want all the money because I'm greedy" card, while also charging a whopping £50 for a multiplayer only game, That and they're trying way too hard with the "We totally care about ya'll PC gamers" shtick that Ubisoft pulled with Creed Origins, only to slap 4 layers of DRM onto that game, as well as screw with the performance while maintaining console parity. I just don't support nor buy into either company pulling fake shit like that, it's obnoxious and downright disingenuous. They just want my money and they'll fake anything to get it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nope. Haven't really played CoD too much since MW2. Plus there are far too many games coming out. BFV is higher on my list but even that is questionable until a sale with all the content ala BF1 Revolution.

No campaign, no buy. Besides, there are many other games I'm excited about (Tomb Raider, Forza Horizon 4, Assassins Creed Odyssey, RDR 2, Hitman 2, and Just Cause 4)

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

John2290 said:
Not a chance in hell. I might have gotten it next year or if there was an Xmas lull but without a campaign and Activisions practices I can't justify it nor can I bring myself to even buy the Diablo 3 DLC and Sekerio as good as it look is on the edge of a knife for me split between supporting FromSoft and not funding ActiBlizzs continued milking of gamers. I play games as escapism to substitute drugs and actiblizz make me feel like an addict with a shitty, spiralling dealer who keeps pushing the boundaries of give and take. Fuck them and fuck Bops4.

Activi$ion doesn't own Blizzard, they're two separate companies. That's why Blizzard-published games don't have the scummy business practices one might expect from an Activi$ion-published game.

But I agree 100%. I can't bring myself to buy BO4 with them price-gouging for DLC and replacing the campaign for a Battle Royale mode which I know they're gonna fill with MTXs and/or loot boxes because Activi$ion is Activi$ion and they try to milk gamers for every penny. If the CoD community lets them get away with it (and they will because they've let them get away with a TON of BS and pre-orders are high again), they'll do the same for all future CoDs, so this might be the beginning of the end of CoD for me. It's too bad because IW is rumored to be coming out with MW4 next year and they're getting a lot of their old devs back, so it actually has a chance of being a good game. 

With the higher kill times and the battle royale mode it actually looks like the most interesting cod in years from my perspective. I haven't liked cod in years. The last one I bought was cod 3 at launch of the 360... Actually... My parents might of paid for that. Last played cod was blops 2. I didn't pay for that either.

I'm not going to start now.