By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass shooting at EA Madden tournament in Jacksonville, Florida

Pity for those victims, they should have had the right to live.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's just in your vaunted opinion. You didn't provide anything to counter me or the studies. You just dismissed it out of hand. What I linked provides actual facts to counter the narrative that guns only kill people in mass shooting or murders in the US. It's especially relevant in discussions about shootings and gun control. Guns in the US save more lives in self-defense against all crime than they are used in murders/mass shootings. The source studies are objective and provide more light on guns. 

Just a question... The 162.000 additional homicides would be done with what? A teaspoon?

Because if the logic is "We need more guns to protect from guns homicides", then there is a serious logic issue here.

And I won't even bother reading the links, everybody knows how lobby and oriented journalism/statistics work. Prayers save more lives than science too, right ? I'm sure some church in the US provided some statistics to prove that. 

Nice strawman. If you want to stay ignorant that's your business I guess.

Another crazy guy goes berserk with a gun in America again. Losing a video game triggers a mass shooting. 

Faelco said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's just in your vaunted opinion. You didn't provide anything to counter me or the studies. You just dismissed it out of hand. What I linked provides actual facts to counter the narrative that guns only kill people in mass shooting or murders in the US. It's especially relevant in discussions about shootings and gun control. Guns in the US save more lives in self-defense against all crime than they are used in murders/mass shootings. The source studies are objective and provide more light on guns. 

Just a question... The 162.000 additional homicides would be done with what? A teaspoon?

Because if the logic is "We need more guns to protect from guns homicides", then there is a serious logic issue here.

And I won't even bother reading the links, everybody knows how lobby and oriented journalism/statistics work. Prayers save more lives than science too, right ? I'm sure some church in the US provided some statistics to prove that. 

Prayer has and can been used as a source of inspiration to do good in which science is a means of doing that good from that inspiration.   It's the extremists and the ignorant that hold a narrow view of prayer vs. science on both sides.  It's the forwards thinkers that give humanity to good works from both inspiration and action.

Has anyone confirmed if the man in the red sweater made it or did he pass away?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Has anyone confirmed if the man in the red sweater made it or did he pass away?

Fuck, it looks like he didn't make it. Terrible to see a 22 year old killed over a fucking gaming tournament.

Rip 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Ka-pi96 said:
m0ney said:

America has had this gun culture since beginning, I think it would take a few generations to change it.

So... why don't people start trying to change it ASAP then? The sooner they start, the sooner they'll be successful.

The same reason they don't want to overhaul their health system someone somewhere is going to lose a tonne of money so fierce opposition ends up happening harping on to others with arguments about it being a right as a diversion to this fact.

this guy looks like i expect rol to look like

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RIP to the fallen.......

Thoughts and prayers to those affected. I can't believe someone would shoot up a place over a video game...

LipeJJ said:

Really sad to see this happening. They were there just having fun, didn't deserve this at all.

PS: Does anyone knows how many mass shootings took place this year in US?

EDIT: Already found out:

https://www.massshootingtracker.org/data

That can't be right... have their seriously been 291 mass shootings in the US this year alone or did I read it wrong?