By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Senator John McCain has died at age 81

sc94597 said:

Couldn't have happened soon enough. Good riddance. One less neo-conservative warmonger in Congress to terrorize people around the world.

User warned - the-pi-guy

I mean come on man. He's dead, and like him or not nothing changes that. RIP Mccain, you were truly a maveric who made American politics somewhat less unbearable. 

Last edited by barneystinson69 - on 26 August 2018

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

I mean come on man. He's dead, and like him or not nothing changes that. 

I mean yeah, that's why I am celebrating that a person partly responsible for the death of over a million innocent people and the displacement of almost two-million more no longer exists in this world. Now if only he took practically the rest of congress and our president with him. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_John_McCain

"Among McCain's advisers are Robert Kagan and William Kristol, the co-founders of PNAC and neo-conservatives who were influential in implementing the Iraq War. McCain has also allied himself with President George W. Bush, who brought into his administration a large number of PNAC members and neo-conservatives."

But we can forget all of that because he had a few words against Trump. 🙄 What a maverick! 

At least he realized his mistake, but only when he was dieing in 2018 and couldn't do anything to amend it. Forgive me if I don't shed tears, neo-conservatives were the worst thing that happened to this country since the Dixiecrats, and can take a large share of the blame for Trump's existence as president.

"The principal reason for invading Iraq, that Saddam had WMD, was wrong. The war, with its cost in lives and treasure and security, can't be judged as anything other than a mistake, a very serious one, and I have to accept my share of the blame for it."

sc94597 said:
barneystinson69 said:

I mean yeah, that's why I am celebrating that a person partly responsible for the death of over a million innocent people and the displacement of almost two-million more no longer exists in this world. Now if only he took practically the rest of congress and our president with him. 

"Among McCain's advisers are Robert Kagan and William Kristol, the co-founders of PNAC and neo-conservatives who were influential in implementing the Iraq War. McCain has also allied himself with President George W. Bush, who brought into his administration a large number of PNAC members and neo-conservatives."

But we can forget all of that because he had a few words against Trump. 🙄 What a maverick! 

At least he realized his mistake, but only when he was dieing in 2018 and couldn't do anything to amend it. Forgive me if I don't shed tears, neo-conservatives were the worst thing that happened to this country since the Dixiecrats, and can take a large share of the blame for Trump's existence as president.

"The principal reason for invading Iraq, that Saddam had WMD, was wrong. The war, with its cost in lives and treasure and security, can't be judged as anything other than a mistake, a very serious one, and I have to accept my share of the blame for it."

I think we all understand Mccain made some very stupid decisions and was a bit of a crazy in regards to war. Still served his country in Vietnam and also potentially saved millions of Americans by refusing to vote for the repeal bill last summer. For whatever sins he committed, this man is dead and there is nothing we can do about it anymore. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

There were many a times I was frustrated with Mr McCains choices in politics, but I can fully acknowledge, that there also were times when he stepped up and worked across the isle for the better of the people. He fought bravely for the things he believed in, endured unimaginable pain for his comrades and his country and still got sidelined, shunned and derided by his political allies on several ocassions. May he rest in peace.

sc94597 said:

Couldn't have happened soon enough. Good riddance. One less neo-conservative warmonger in Congress to terrorize people around the world.

User warned - the-pi-guy

Some nice facts there.  Also he wasn't that good of a soldier neither he crashed numerous planes and he might have been the key figure that started the 1967 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier fire which killed 134 people and injured 161.  Plus besides being a warmonger he really wasn't that good of a politician neither since he was part of the Keating Five.  

Around the Network

I think one of his most memorable moments around the world is with the lady who says she is scared of Obama because he is an Arab, compared to politics today it is a huge difference

Seemed fine 10 years ago or even 4 years ago. But regardless he was definitely too old for office, and the same goes for common frontrunners for the next election like Trump will be 74, Bernie 78, Hilary 72, and Biden 77 all in 2020. RIP.

konnichiwa said:
I think one of his most memorable moments around the world is with the lady who says she is scared of Obama because he is an Arab, compared to politics today it is a huge difference

Sarah Palin is a giant train wreck.  I'm pretty sure she is going to get punked by SBC on "Who Is America?" today.

sc94597 said:
barneystinson69 said:

Well its a good thing that the Maverick selected a un-electable Goose as a running mate instead of a Iceman or those numbers would have been a lot worse even if he only would have gotten one term as a President. 

He was a bit war mongering establishment Republican neocon for my tastes, but as a person he seemed respectable enough, and I recall he at least had a resistance to America's tactics of torture which I respected. Certainly wasn't a fan overall, though I wouldn't have wished death on him by any means as some seem to eager to do with certain politicians..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden