By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Senator John McCain has died at age 81

Rest in Peace, soldier.

Around the Network

He was a pretty shitty person throughout his political career but I guess he can rest in peace.

He was one of the few politicians who would speak against his party when he thought they were in the wrong. I respect that.

Heck, I probably would have voted for him as President had he been able to select a credible VP candidate.

Couldn't have happened soon enough. Good riddance. One less neo-conservative warmonger in Congress to terrorize people around the world.

User warned - the-pi-guy

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 25 August 2018

RIP, he was one Republican I could respect.

Around the Network

Not sure how I would react to this news, hopefully a Berniecrat will run for his seat.

Proud to be a Californian.

Sad to see someone like him go... seems like we need more of that type, not less.

Also was hard to watch the "fake news" factory attempt to make his last year or two as miserable as they could with completely fabricated accusations that a disturbing number of people bought into at the behest of their orange overlord.

Really, I was mostly apathetic towards him throughout much of my life, but his approach to politics now seems unusual to the point that I fear his kind are an endangered species. Breaking ranks on occasion from the party line has become so uncommon that hardly anything can get done.

Rest in Peace, Mr. McCain. Your contributions throughout your military and political career will be remembered. Best wishes to your family during this time.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

he was a warmonger but people say they love him now since he had beef with trump

He was a two face piece of trump, he would say what people wanted to hear but would turn around and vote along side party lines. RIP in pieces

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.