By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Where do you lie on the Political Spectrum?

?

Left 21 26.58%

Right 14 17.72%

Centre 29 36.71%

Far Left 10 12.66%

Far Right 5 6.33%

Total:79

Center right.

Around the Network

I'm somehow right wing libertarian, anyhow, I'm so by Italian standards, by US ones I'd be considered centre-left libertarian. I like the state to help citizens with tax money, but I don't like it to waste money, Italian taxes would be fine to be higher than US ones, but they should be lower and hugely less complicated than they currently are, and unlike Italian (and most of EU) left wing, I'm for the citizen right to own weapons (although I would defend myself without firearms in town, unless absolutely unavoidable, for fear of wounding innocents with stray bullets, I could use them with less worries only in the country) and I think Italy should spend some more for defence. And despite having been raised Catholic, unlike Catholic right wing I'm in favour of most LGBT rights.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Mr Puggsly said:
numberwang said:

Most of these questions depend so much on the context that I had to go neutral with only few questions the swayed results a bit.

Agreed. But maybe if you can answer those questions with a actual agree or disagree, it really shows where you stand.

I don't think anybody is coming up as very right wing, but we're seeing people in the far left.

On a side note, I think the "Equality" term is bullshit. It really should just be called "Government Control."

Authority/Freedom is kinda broken in my opinion. I think I rated slightly higher on "authority" simply because I'm neutral on drugs, not enough context there and not all drugs are equal.

Agreed.  Government interference is much more likely to lead to crony capitalism than it is equality.

@ OP

On the 8 values test, I was labeled as a Conservative, which is what I identify as.  On spekr, I was labeled a Libertarian Capitalist, which I'm fine with, too.

thismeintiel said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Agreed. But maybe if you can answer those questions with a actual agree or disagree, it really shows where you stand.

I don't think anybody is coming up as very right wing, but we're seeing people in the far left.

On a side note, I think the "Equality" term is bullshit. It really should just be called "Government Control."

Authority/Freedom is kinda broken in my opinion. I think I rated slightly higher on "authority" simply because I'm neutral on drugs, not enough context there and not all drugs are equal.

Agreed.  Government interference is much more likely to lead to crony capitalism than it is equality.

@ OP

On the 8 values test, I was labeled as a Conservative, which is what I identify as.  On spekr, I was labeled a Libertarian Capitalist, which I'm fine with, too.

Just did the test on Spekr and got Libertarian Capitalist too. I find that definition good enough.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Aura7541 said:

Here are my 8Values results:

That's actually a pretty good questionnaire. Got my own results which are quite accurate.

Around the Network

I'm near Gandhi and Buddha. 

Minarquist.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Makes sense. I am a strong advocate for capitalism.  (Years of playing Civilization has taught me this very well.) I also consider myself incredibly patriotic. That just might be a side effect of living in America so long or maybe not . I tend to be moderate on social issues. I seem to approve things both the left and right love. I think it is because I don't want to interfere in people's lives all that much minus moral issues like capital punishment. You can take all the drugs you want. I don't care. Oh sure you can discriminate by race and I will retaliate by going somewhere else.  

I just prefer the government to be smaller and less governing of people's lives.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Center, but slightly right leaning. Which means I am fiscally responsible but do recognize the importance of social programs. Which makes me a leftist extremist in the US I assume.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.