By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octopath Traveller and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Which should I get

?

Xenoblade 16 57.14%

Octopath 12 42.86%

Total:28

I see that general consensus here is that Xenoblade Chronicles is longer and better but Octopath Traveller is pretty good in terms of what it does. I'm still leaning towards Octopath Traveller because of its gorgeous visuals and old RPG style as I haven't played a game of such style in a long time.

As for DLC, no matter if XC 2's DLC is amazing, I wouldn't buy it. Like I said here I already have plenty to play and I don't buy DLC for games which are not Rockstar and From Software unless they release a GOTY edition. Still, looking at the replies here has made me more interested in Xenoblade than I was before and less interested in Octopath than previously.

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
coolharry said:
Octopath is more repetitive, Xenoblade has a better story, but side quests are longer, so it depends if you like doing side quests.

Eh, I might be in the minority, but I think Xenoblade's story has the same problem as many modern JRPGs.  Namely, their heads are stuck up their rears in the name of EPIC and I found myself bored as the game approached its climax and the characters (which I generally liked) took a back seat to building lore.

People hate on Octopath's separate stories, but all the ones I've played through so far were simple and fun.

I don't hate the stories at all, but they're only partly fun and good. I love the beginning of Eisenbergs story, but his meeting/fight with Ernhardt could have been much better. Tressa's second and third chapter are pretty good, but the first and last not that much. With short stories like these, they should have been better. 

But like I said, I prefer Octopath above Xenoblade. I was really waiting for such a game and i'm not really into doing big long side quests anymore which just tell you to do this, or get that.