By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I think I'm being haunted.

caffeinade said:
LittleSnake said:

Call 911

I didn't know USA had a ghost busting department.

It does now

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Around the Network
LittleSnake said:
caffeinade said:

It does now

Oh, well I didn't get the memo, okay.
I bet they'd have some pretty impressive gear to work with too.
Hmm.

mZuzek said:
Peh said:

No, don't say that. That's blasphemy!! 

Big Bang is a scientific theory, which means that it is mostly proven. Just as evolution is mostly proven and thus a fact. But the Big Bang Theory (which also ends with its 12th season) can't explain everything of course. 

Sure we don't know all about our universe, but you are getting close to the god of the gaps argument. Stay away from it. There is no objective view on what a god is. Everyone creates god in the image they want it to be.  God as the conclusion is a dead end in everyone's reasoning.  

"Blasphemy"... that's the word people would use to describe everything you just said a few hundred years ago.

Big Bang is a scientific theory, which means that it is a theory based on scientific study, and speculation. There's no hard evidence for it, obviously, but because it was created by scientists, we believe it's right, even it it's based off the insane assumption that we can have any idea of what's happened in the universe for the past 5 billion years. It's very unlike evolution, which while also only a theory, is one based on boatloads of hard evidence and fact, and is therefore basically considered fact at this point, for good reason.

In the end though, science is only one way of viewing the world. Even the things it can factually explain, can maybe be seen in a different way - such as, gravity for example. Science figured out how exactly gravity works, and that's great, but it can't explain why it works. What's its origin? They'd tell you it's because massive entities such as planets generate a lot of gravitational pull, and that might be true, but is this gravitational pull a force that just happens? Maybe, maybe not. No hard evidence for it. Science is all about learning how things work, but it is a way of thought that makes pretentious people want to explain things they just can't.

"Big Bang is a scientific theory, which means that it is a theory based on scientific study, and speculation." 

No, that's not quite accurate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

"A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested, in accordance with the scientific method, using a predefined protocol of observation and experiment.[1][2] Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and embody scientific knowledge.[3]

The definition of a scientific theory (often contracted to theory for the sake of brevity) as used in the disciplines of science is significantly different from the common vernacular usage of the word theory.[4][Note 1] In everyday speech, theory can imply that something is an unsubstantiated and speculative guess,[4] the opposite of its meaning in science. These different usages are comparable to the opposing usages of prediction in science versus common speech, where it denotes a mere hope. "

https://www.schoolsobservatory.org/learn/astro/cosmos/bigbang/bb_evid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrYF_hxxUM

The Big Bang Theory sits on the same shelf as the Theory of Evolution, the Theory of Gravity and so on. All the evidence we know of leads to this conclusion. The universe started to expand from a certain point. 

"Science figured out how exactly gravity works, and that's great, but it can't explain why it works." 

You sound like this is the end for science in this regard. Science is a method of explaining how reality works. And so far, this is the best method we currently have. A scientific theory also contains a model and upon that model predictions can be made. And thus so far, the predictions work. 

So if the Big Bang Theory would be just a theory, it would be known as an unproven hypothesis. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

caffeinade said:
Peh said:

If that one is not the almighty Neko then you are in big trouble mr.

Who's that?
I'd very much like to meet your Neko, if that's not too much to ask.
Ah, take me to your leader, and stuff, I guess.

Only those who strongly believe in all that is feline will find its way to enlightenment. I can only show you the direction, the path you must go is one of commitment and solitude. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

vivster said:
Peh said:

Which one? 

Checkmate. 

The only one. Just ignore the few billion liars about their fictitious gods.

Hé is fictious too

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Why do you want to be rid of this Pepsi loving spirit?

caffeinade said:
LittleSnake said:

Call 911

Yes they do but the recent ones do not enjoy working for white men. ;)

Something creepy keeps happening this last hour. Nobody is home and I'm in my room I hear footsteps outside my door. I open my door and it stops and when I closed it it immediately started again. So I kept closing and opening and same thing keeps happening.

Ummm... I really don't what to say. Have you been to a doctor, because things don't disappear at random and lights don't flip on or off. Could be anxiety simply making you paranoid, or something far more serious like schizophrenia making you actually think and see these things happening. Could also just be the red bull and coke, but I'm not a doctor so I can't really say.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I knew people who lived in a haunted home. They just continued to live their lives with the ghosts. If the ghosts hid the car keys or moved a book from the shelf, they just ignored it. So try that.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54