By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spiderman PS4 Review Thread - Currently 87 Metacritic (97 Reviews)

What will be the final Metacritic score Average?

>94 14 9.66%

90-94 48 33.10%

85-89 68 46.90%

80-84 13 8.97%

75-79 0 0%

70-74 2 1.38%

<70 0 0%

Total:145

I really like the game, the characters, but its a solid 76 ish for me. But its such a strong starting point for Spiderman 2... they just need to work on balancing, more boss fights and more interesting side quests... not so keen on the collectables to be honest with you, some of them are extremely hard to get 3x in....

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Just a heads up for everyone. Some youtubers are putting major spoilers to Spider-Man's plot in the title and thumbnail of their videos. Some of these guys have well over 100,000 subscribers. So unless you want the game spoiled stay away from youtube at all costs.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Just a heads up for everyone. Some youtubers are putting major spoilers to Spider-Man's plot in the title and thumbnail of their videos. Some of these guys have well over 100,000 subscribers. So unless you want the game spoiled stay away from youtube at all costs.

Damn you tube. My 9 year old keeps taunting me with some let's play live streamer who's ahead of me, come look at what he's doing. No, turn it off, go play the game yourself.

Madword said:
Am I reading this thread correctly that some people are saying that a score of 87/88 is considered not great or its over hyped? I said the game would get 87, I've pre-ordered it and am hyped for it, thats a good score. I for one cannot wait.

Game will sell 8m easily I think... I think people want open world, want Spiderman, I think it'll be just fine.

I was undecided pending reviews.

I think for someone that is a fan of the genre an 87 might as well be a 9.5.

If you're not a fan of the genre and you're considering an 87 a bad score well...your preferred genre must have a lot of pretty astounding games coming out

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Share beautiful Screenshots guys : )
The Bossfights are really cool, so much fun. ps. the game >>> the movies

Around the Network

Haven't gotten this yet; been playing Dragon Quest XI for now, but my co-worker got it and already finished it. Says it was a pretty great game, but kind of short. He is a big Spider-man fan while I am indifferent. I will probably get it around Christmas time.

Game looks really pretty, btw.

RaptorChrist said:
Haven't gotten this yet; been playing Dragon Quest XI for now, but my co-worker got it and already finished it. Says it was a pretty great game, but kind of short. He is a big Spider-man fan while I am indifferent. I will probably get it around Christmas time.

Game looks really pretty, btw.

Dragon Quest XI is awesome :) Spiderman too, have fun then :) And for Spiderman-Fans, the game is a dream! (better story than the movies, fantastic bossfights, beautiful graphic/world ect)

I finished the game earlier today.

Loved it, its my game of the year so far and Yuri Lowenthal is now my favorite Peter Park/Spider-Man, his performance, especially towards the end was incredible.

animegaming said:

Loved it, its my game of the year so far and Yuri Lowenthal is now my favorite Peter Park/Spider-Man, his performance, especially towards the end was incredible.

the game is so much fun :) I think God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 or Spiderman will be Game of the Year 2018. It's very exciting :) But the winners are we gamer.
What's your favorite bossfight ? @ Spiderman

KazumaKiryu said:
animegaming said:

the game is so much fun :) I think God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 or Spiderman will be Game of the Year 2018. It's very exciting :) But the winners are we gamer.
What's your favorite bossfight ? @ Spiderman

Hard one, the fights against the sinister 6 were all really good. But if I had to pick

It probably be Electro/Vulture, but the final boss was also very good.