By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield V Pre Orders are 85% less than Call of Duty Black Ops 4.

Not surprised at all.

Around the Network

Modern day and future bfs.. Fuck all woman
Ww2 battlefields, lots of woman...

Imo it should be the opposite way. They are killing all my hype with their shitty approach. Buying this on sale at best. Voting with my wallet.

"women being Included" is not an issue. It's the history inaccuracy and political agendas being pushed that people had issues with. The gaming community and userbase clearly has no issue with women being in games, Horizon, Tomb Raider, TLou and many other games prove this. I can understand the point you were trying to make (or assume that you were trying to make), but your wording is just very wrong

WolfpackN64 said:
thismeintiel said:

1. Strawman. No one said it was only about the woman. The fact that they present her on the main lines as a badass with a prosthetic arm, while bashing anyone who disagrees with their strong, independent wamen as uneducated, is.

2. True. But, the anti-SJWs are growing as SJWs get more outrageous and cocky about their false belief that they are in the majority and must force their beliefs into all media, especially already established IPs.

3. LMAO!! Sure, sure. You keep telling yourself that. TLJ only underperformed by ~$470M. Even ~$270 below adjusted projections. Hell, it even underperformed my pessimistic prediction of ~$1.4B. And badly timed? I guess in the sense that it came out after TLJ. 

1. That argument is overblown by both sides, IMHO it was just a poorly made and confusing trailer

2. I'm not going to go into that since I don't put myself in either camp.

3. The Last Jedi netted a giant profit for Disney, your projection of underperforming by over $400M seems like something you pulled out of nowhere. On top of that, it sold like hot cakes on Blu-Ray.

1.  It hardly has all the downvotes and highly rated comments pertaining to the woman and EA's reaction to it, simply due to it being "confusing."

3.  Profit?  Yes.  The amount they were planning on? No.  Not even close.  And no, I didn't pull it out of nowhere.  The movie was supposed to pull in ~$1.8B WW, possibly more.  BOM said that $750M-$830M in the US/Canada was a safe bet.  And judging by the opening weekend, it was headed there.  But, then the 2nd weekend saw a massive 68% drop.  After the drop, analysts were saying it would still hit $1.6B WW.  It missed even the adjusted goal.  Of course, there's also the fact that Disney saw a massive drop in SW merchandise sales.  Then, many fans protested Solo, partly because of its own SJW messaging, but also because of how much TLJ turned them off from the series, which led to the first ever SW flop.  And not even a minor flop, either.  My pessimistic projection for that film was ~$800M WW.  It only did half of that.

Like they say.  Get woke, go broke.

thismeintiel said:
WolfpackN64 said:

1. That argument is overblown by both sides, IMHO it was just a poorly made and confusing trailer

2. I'm not going to go into that since I don't put myself in either camp.

3. The Last Jedi netted a giant profit for Disney, your projection of underperforming by over $400M seems like something you pulled out of nowhere. On top of that, it sold like hot cakes on Blu-Ray.

1.  It hardly has all the downvotes and highly rated comments pertaining to the woman and EA's reaction to it, simply due to it being "confusing."

3.  Profit?  Yes.  The amount they were planning on? No.  Not even close.  And no, I didn't pull it out of nowhere.  The movie was supposed to pull in ~$1.8B WW, possibly more.  BOM said that $750M-$830M in the US/Canada was a safe bet.  And judging by the opening weekend, it was headed there.  But, then the 2nd weekend saw a massive 68% drop.  After the drop, analysts were saying it would still hit $1.6B WW.  It missed even the adjusted goal.  Of course, there's also the fact that Disney saw a massive drop in SW merchandise sales.  Then, many fans protested Solo, partly because of its own SJW messaging, but also because of how much TLJ turned them off from the series, which led to the first ever SW flop.  And not even a minor flop, either.  My pessimistic projection for that film was ~$800M WW.  It only did half of that.

By all metrics the movie performed stellar and Blu-Ray sales were massive. But when you get your projections from conspiracy theories, no wonder you pull $1.8B numbers out of nowhere.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/12/29/almost-everything-everybody-is-saying-about-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-wrong/#a8f93fa39b55

And what SJW message in Solo? Solo flopped because of its poor launch window. That's the end of it.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
the_dark_lewd said:
They could have easily included women without annoying anyone.

It's the fact that they focused so heavily on it that annoyed people. In a war where 99.9% of the war deaths were male, putting a female on the cover for your game, is just a deliberate political statement. That was a deliberate choice by them, but it's not necessary at all.

For comparison, see Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which has included a female option for the first time and has received almost no pushback for it. Because they did it well and didn't try and make a kind of social statement with it.

A few weeks ago Dice said something along the lines of " If you don't like our depiction on WW2 then don't buy our game". This statement is definitely hurting sales.

He also called the fans uneducated, which didn't help. When your job is to promote and try to sell your game, you really can't afford to say stuff like that especially for a game that's already facing backlash. 

But to be fair, it's a combination of things that's hurting this game's pre-order numbers. EA as a whole aren't trusted right now after all their fuck-ups last year and those comments evidently did rub a lot of fans the wrong way. Getting sandwiched in between BO4 and RDR2 isn't doing them any favors, either.

i just think no one wants to go back to a old time WW setting. just did that.

It's nice to see people voicing how they feel with their wallets. EA are just a slimy company with their history with loot box and 'game gambling' (was it soccer?)

I swear consumers have the power to nip companies and shitty services like this in the bud if only so many uninformed gamers just stopped with the ridiculous pre-ordering nonsense... VGC needs to start an anti-pre-order campaign that targets ill-informed moms, as well as children who claim to have slept with other gamer's ill moms.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

WolfpackN64 said:
thismeintiel said:

By all metrics the movie performed stellar and Blu-Ray sales were massive. But when you get your projections from conspiracy theories, no wonder you pull $1.8B numbers out of nowhere.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/12/29/almost-everything-everybody-is-saying-about-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-wrong/#a8f93fa39b55

And what SJW message in Solo? Solo flopped because of its poor launch window. That's the end of it.

Poor launch window is such a lame excuse. Did it play a part? Absolutely. Is it the sole reason the film flopped? Not even close.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

WolfpackN64 said:

The same author said that, to him, anything below $1.4 billion would be an under-performance with $1.6-1.7 billion being more preferable. According to The Numbers, the final box office is below that figure. That same site also shows total domestic sales bringing less than half of the amount The Force Awakens brought in. According to The Wall Street Journal, the film fell $200 million short of some analysts' forecasts and cited "faster-than-expected falloff at the box office, declining toy sales, and a poor showing in China". Article from outlets such as The Hollywood Reporter and CNBC echoes WSJ's statements about the declining toy sales, implying a consensus. As a result, I wouldn't call the performance 'stellar' or 'massive' unless you're talking about in a vacuum.