By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield V Pre Orders are 85% less than Call of Duty Black Ops 4.

zorg1000 said:
Call of Duty is also tracking below expectations so that makes the "tracking 80% lower" statement even worse.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/venturebeat-non-rdr2-all-have-low-pre-orders-this-fall-bf5-below-ea-forecast-but-above-tf2-more.63418/

That sucks. I really enjoy the Black Ops 4 multiplayer. If they get the BR mode right I think it could end up doing really well.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
zorg1000 said:
Call of Duty is also tracking below expectations so that makes the "tracking 80% lower" statement even worse.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/venturebeat-non-rdr2-all-have-low-pre-orders-this-fall-bf5-below-ea-forecast-but-above-tf2-more.63418/

That sucks. I really enjoy the Black Ops 4 multiplayer. If they get the BR mode right I think it could end up doing really well.

Apparently its tracking higher than WWII so it looks like it will still do quite well, just not as high as expected.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

WolfpackN64 said:
thismeintiel said:

You piss off a big amount of fans by shoving SJW politics into their face. Tell them they are uneducated for not liking it. Tell them that if they don't like it, they don't have to buy it. And you think that has little to do with it? The things people tell themselves to keep the illusion alive that SJWs and their supporters are the majority, and the rest of us are just uncultured swine. That's just like Disney and SW fanboys trying to tell themselves that the insertion of SJW politics, and attacking the fans who disagree, isn't what lead to TLJ greatly underperforming and Solo flopping.

@ OP

Get woke, go broke.

1. Having women in WWII is not SJW.

2. Neither SJW's or the anti-SJW's are a majority

3. TLJ performed amazingly and Solo was badly timed.

1. Strawman. No one said it was only about the woman. The fact that they present her on the main lines as a badass with a prosthetic arm, while bashing anyone who disagrees with their strong, independent wamen as uneducated, is.

2. True. But, the anti-SJWs are growing as SJWs get more outrageous and cocky about their false belief that they are in the majority and must force their beliefs into all media, especially already established IPs.

3. LMAO!! Sure, sure. You keep telling yourself that. TLJ only underperformed by ~$470M. Even ~$270 below adjusted projections. Hell, it even underperformed my pessimistic prediction of ~$1.4B. And badly timed? I guess in the sense that it came out after TLJ. 

So the news about low BF% preorders is from lack of representation from Amazon (Cowen Analyst), kinda funny.

Also only one source is saying that games are below expectations for the fall season, hardly enough to form a consensus. 

zorg1000 said:
jason1637 said:

Apparently its tracking higher than WWII so it looks like it will still do quite well, just not as high as expected.

That report was from May. If it's below expectations, I'm guessing that gap didn't hold up. 

Around the Network

Ever since its reveal Battlefield V has looked so uninteresting imo. It's a complete opposite from how I felt 2 years ago with Battlefield 1 which I was extremely hyped for.
The marketing for it has been awful, couple that with the fact that it is releasing between Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 then yeah I don't think it's too surprising that it's falling behind, out of those 3 games I would definitely think BFV is the weakest, and I say that as someone who couldn't care less about BO4 as well lol.

It also doesn't help when that one dude tells people who were criticizing the game "don't like it, don't buy it". Whether you think his reasons for saying that were justified or not, that's the type of thing where he should have thought about how they are the ones who need the audience, the audience doesn't need them. And telling part of said audience, no matter how small or large they might be, to basically fuck off won't help.

Anyways I think Battlefield V will still sell well, but maybe not well enough to EA's standards? I dunno. Guess we'll have to see. 

thismeintiel said:
WolfpackN64 said:

1. Having women in WWII is not SJW.

2. Neither SJW's or the anti-SJW's are a majority

3. TLJ performed amazingly and Solo was badly timed.

1. Strawman. No one said it was only about the woman. The fact that they present her on the main lines as a badass with a prosthetic arm, while bashing anyone who disagrees with their strong, independent wamen as uneducated, is.

2. True. But, the anti-SJWs are growing as SJWs get more outrageous and cocky about their false belief that they are in the majority and must force their beliefs into all media, especially already established IPs.

3. LMAO!! Sure, sure. You keep telling yourself that. TLJ only underperformed by ~$470M. Even ~$270 below adjusted projections. Hell, it even underperformed my pessimistic prediction of ~$1.4B. And badly timed? I guess in the sense that it came out after TLJ. 

1. That argument is overblown by both sides, IMHO it was just a poorly made and confusing trailer

2. I'm not going to go into that since I don't put myself in either camp.

3. The Last Jedi netted a giant profit for Disney, your projection of underperforming by over $400M seems like something you pulled out of nowhere. On top of that, it sold like hot cakes on Blu-Ray.

thismeintiel said:
zorg1000 said:

That report was from May. If it's below expectations, I'm guessing that gap didn't hold up. 

So you're saying it's likely tracking below WWII now? I guess it makes sense that a proven series (BLOPS) would initially track higher than a return to a decade old formula (WWII).

The article I linked said pretty much all major 3rd party Fall releases outside of RDR2 are underperforming, I wonder if that means AC Odyssey is doing worse than Origins or if the increase just isn't as big as expected?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm very curious about RDR II pre orders numbers

zorg1000 said:
thismeintiel said:

So you're saying it's likely tracking below WWII now? I guess it makes sense that a proven series (BLOPS) would initially track higher than a return to a decade old formula (WWII).

The article I linked said pretty much all major 3rd party Fall releases outside of RDR2 are underperforming, I wonder if that means AC Odyssey is doing worse than Origins or if the increase just isn't as big as expected?

On Era an insider said it's pre orders are still pretty high. So maybe it's outpacing WW2 but still below expectations. Black Ops sub series usually perform the best so it would make sense if Activision had higher expectations.