By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Man with Child Tased by Police Officer: A Discussion

CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:
There are some shitty cops but there are also lots of great cops that risk their life everyday to make America a safer place.

Yeah, but not for black people it seems. Show me white cops saving black civilians from harm and maybe I'll change my mind.

Lawlight said:
You’re saying white people don’t get tased?

Not nearly as much as black people.

I don’t think so. In fact I think way more white people get tased. It just doesn’t fit the narrative that you’re trying to peddle.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

Low and behold.

Westland police released this statement to 7 Action News on Monday:

On August 17th Westland Police Officers were dispatched to an address on Belding Court in Westland on report that a male subject had physically assaulted a female and that he had damaged her vehicle.

Westland Police Officers made contact with the man involved in the incident. It was determined that the man was going to be arrested for the assault, the damaged property and also for a number of outstanding arrest warrants. Once the man learned that he was going to be arrested he grabbed the child from the mother’s arms and held the child tightly. The man refused to release the child back to the mother who was also asking for the child back.

At that time the police officers on scene felt that a close quarters direct taser deployment directly to the subjects back was the safest option. The video shows that during the deployment the child was also in the hands of the mother. The child was not injured during the arrest. The child was examined by the Westland EMT and turned over to the mother.

Like all Use of Force incidents, The Westland Police Department will conduct a thorough internal investigation to determine whether policy and procedure was followed and whether the incident was handled correctly. At this point in time that investigation is only in the beginning phase.

Yep.  Yet another race bait attempt.  You know, if racism was so prevalent, then why do they constantly have to push false narratives to try to make their case.  We should just all easily see it.  And there should be a true story a day about it.  But, most of the time it turns out that we always get the first out of context bit of the story, people automatically jump to race baiting, then we soon find out the truth.  Sadly, it seems like too many either don't follow up on the story, or just want to believe the first bits of it, and keep their biases alive.

Also looks like what I said was right.  He was a coward hiding behind a kid.

Lawlight said:

CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah, but not for black people it seems. Show me white cops saving black civilians from harm and maybe I'll change my mind.

Not nearly as much as black people.

I don’t think so. In fact I think way more white people get tased. It just doesn’t fit the narrative that you’re trying to peddle.

Yeah, he probably made that up on the spot.  Many more white people are shot to death by the police each year, I doubt that it would be all that much different with tasing.  Of course, the percentage is quite a bit higher for black people, as they make up a decidedly smaller portion of the populace, but they also account for a disproportionate amount of violent crime, so it's really hard to extrapolate anything either way--not that people won't try.  

thismeintiel said:
Aeolus451 said:

Low and behold.

Westland police released this statement to 7 Action News on Monday:

On August 17th Westland Police Officers were dispatched to an address on Belding Court in Westland on report that a male subject had physically assaulted a female and that he had damaged her vehicle.

Westland Police Officers made contact with the man involved in the incident. It was determined that the man was going to be arrested for the assault, the damaged property and also for a number of outstanding arrest warrants. Once the man learned that he was going to be arrested he grabbed the child from the mother’s arms and held the child tightly. The man refused to release the child back to the mother who was also asking for the child back.

At that time the police officers on scene felt that a close quarters direct taser deployment directly to the subjects back was the safest option. The video shows that during the deployment the child was also in the hands of the mother. The child was not injured during the arrest. The child was examined by the Westland EMT and turned over to the mother.

Like all Use of Force incidents, The Westland Police Department will conduct a thorough internal investigation to determine whether policy and procedure was followed and whether the incident was handled correctly. At this point in time that investigation is only in the beginning phase.

Yep.  Yet another race bait attempt.  You know, if racism was so prevalent, then why do they constantly have to push false narratives to try to make their case.  We should just all easily see it.  And there should be a true story a day about it.  But, most of the time it turns out that we always get the first out of context bit of the story, people automatically jump to race baiting, then we soon find out the truth.  Sadly, it seems like too many either don't follow up on the story, or just want to believe the first bits of it, and keep their biases alive.

Also looks like what I said was right.  He was a coward hiding behind a kid.

People can only cry wolf so much before it desensitizes everyone to it. Jumping behind cases like this only hurts the narrative that they're trying to sell. They should look into something before grabbing the pitchforks. 

thismeintiel said:
Oh yay, another video that starts JUST before someone was arrested, but doesn't show what lead up to it. No context is great.

Sadly that happens a lot. Then quite a few times the real story comes out about these incidents that makes the people that overly emotional outraged look pretty bad. It happens. It's why we should always wait for all facts to be presented before getting super emotionally involved.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, he probably made that up on the spot.  Many more white people are shot to death by the police each year, I doubt that it would be all that much different with tasing.  Of course, the percentage is quite a bit higher for black people, as they make up a decidedly smaller portion of the populace, but they also account for a disproportionate amount of violent crime, so it's really hard to extrapolate anything either way--not that people won't try.  

Yeps, I was looking at the stats too and you’re 100% correct.

Yeah you hate cops until you actually need them to protect you. This guy is a coward for hiding behind his baby, and he should own up to his actions. The caller doesn't have to show up to the scene to watch it unfold, in Detroit that would put them and their family at risk if the criminal scum knew who the caller was.
You're just blindly hating.
If the guy wasn't following the cops simple orders, then fuck him. How hard is it to comply to simple fucking orders and avoid being tossed to the ground or tazed. They would of done it to a white guy as well, just it happens to be that the black population causes more trouble than the white population, so they tend to get more bad shit happening to them. It's not racism, it's just how things are.

CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:
There are some shitty cops but there are also lots of great cops that risk their life everyday to make America a safer place.

White cops help black people on the regular.

Here's an example . https://youtu.be/49b8EJFqqPQ

Context matters. I'm not gonna assume this is a race thing just because it involved a black man. I'll wait for more info.

Edit: Just saw Aeolus451's post. OP should've waited for more information...

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 20 August 2018

To be honest, I'm not a fan of these type of threads, but I'll give it the benefit of doubt in the off chance some productive discussion can emerge from this. I'm pretty skeptical...but hey, prove me wrong.

That being said, don't race bait. That title was just awful.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334