By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Justin Trudeau clashes with eldery lady over illegal immigration: 'you Madame will have no place here'

Justin Trudeau

...dresses well 9 23.08%

...speaks French 8 20.51%

...invented peoplekinds 4 10.26%

... is the son of Fidel Castro 18 46.15%

Total:39
DevilRising said:
vivster said:

So he told some intolerant bitch to stop being intolerant? Seems like a good thing. So standing up against bigots is now a bad thing apparently?

Oh yes. And automatically labeling anyone who has a view you disagree with a "bigot" (or worse), an increasingly common modern practice, is so incredibly intellectual and civilized, yes?

It's one thing if someone is being a blatant racist (which has specific, not vague, criteria), it's something else completely to make the rational argument, whether you agree with it or not, that a nation's resources should be spent on its own citizens, and not on immigrant populations. Especially ones who, from an objective perspective no less, seemingly refuse to integrate into the culture of the nation they've been so graciously allowed to move to.

If people from "The West", for example, wanted to or for some reason HAD to immigrate to, say, China, or India, etc., they would 100% be expected by that nation, rightfully so, to integrate into THEIR culture, to be able to functionally speak the language, to actually participate in the society, to acclimate themselves to their ways, etc. Yet somehow that is not expected by most "Western" nations of most immigrants.

Another case in point: If someone from the United States (of a non-Hispanic background), were to move to Mexico, or another Spanish speaking Central or South American country, they would, again, 100% be expected to be able to speak at least passable conversational Spanish, and to integrate themselves into Mexican (or whatever other) society. Yet immigrants from Mexico and other such nations, at least by many Americans, are treated as if they do NOT have to learn English (the primary language of the country), nor integrate into our general society. Instead, they are allowed to enjoy the benefits of living in our nation, yet still be able to essentially exist in their own satellite bubbles, not actually integrating into American society at large. Many not ever learning to speak a word of English, etc.

And again, objectively, this is not only accepted in the US, in most states it's even facilitated, especially in California. Yet this is most definitely NOT the case in reverse. Again, a non-Hispanic American, would be 100% expected to both speak Spanish and integrate into Mexican society, rightfully so.

It's an American (or Canadian, or Western) double standard that so-called "Liberals" push pretty hard for, that objectively speaking, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If I were to move to Japan, I would be expected to speak at least SOME Japanese, and to integrate into Japanese society and "do as they do". It would not, by any stretch of the imagination, be considered "okay" for me to move to Japan, and only speak English, and continue to act and live as if I still lived in America. Not only would that be considered obnoxious and ignorant (even rude and disrespectful) on my part, but I also wouldn't be able to really survive acting like that. And yet, again, immigrants to many Western nations, are able to do exactly this, and not only get away with it, but thrive acting thus.

It's just interesting, and frankly even a bit frustrating, to point out. Everywhere else in the world, you would absolutely be expected to adapt and acclimate, integrate. Yet in Western countries, nope. Makes zero rational sense.

No, being a bigot makes you a bigot. Pre-judging someone's intents based on their gender, sex, race, creed, religion, or sexual orientation is the very definition of bigotry. Muslims are not bad people. Some bad people are muslims. The chain of causality is the key, here. There are also bad white folks and bad gay folks and bad straight folks and bad women and bad men. WHAT you are doesn't define WHO you are; that woman was acting like all muslims were terrorists by stoking the flames of the idea that they were inherently more dangerous than christians. 

Stop trying to deflect the issue. Bigotry is bigotry. As a nation, Canada isn't perfect but we have reasonable immigration policies and, shockingly, there's a world of difference between 'build a wall' and 'open the borders to everyone.' Some factors are circumstantial, some factors are irrelevant, sometimes there are exceptions. 

IT's almost like immigration and refugee status are complicated issues that require more nuance than the binary of 'keep em all out' and 'let em all in'. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

That I ever liked this guy at all shows how very little I actually pay attention to politics. By the time enough information trickles it's way to me through happenstance, it's too late, and I'm in the trenches fighting in a war against the robots started by the person I would have voted for if I participated in elections.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

DevilRising said:
vivster said:

So he told some intolerant bitch to stop being intolerant? Seems like a good thing. So standing up against bigots is now a bad thing apparently?

Oh yes. And automatically labeling anyone who has a view you disagree with a "bigot" (or worse), an increasingly common modern practice, is so incredibly intellectual and civilized, yes?

It's one thing if someone is being a blatant racist (which has specific, not vague, criteria), it's something else completely to make the rational argument, whether you agree with it or not, that a nation's resources should be spent on its own citizens, and not on immigrant populations. Especially ones who, from an objective perspective no less, seemingly refuse to integrate into the culture of the nation they've been so graciously allowed to move to.

If people from "The West", for example, wanted to or for some reason HAD to immigrate to, say, China, or India, etc., they would 100% be expected by that nation, rightfully so, to integrate into THEIR culture, to be able to functionally speak the language, to actually participate in the society, to acclimate themselves to their ways, etc. Yet somehow that is not expected by most "Western" nations of most immigrants.

Another case in point: If someone from the United States (of a non-Hispanic background), were to move to Mexico, or another Spanish speaking Central or South American country, they would, again, 100% be expected to be able to speak at least passable conversational Spanish, and to integrate themselves into Mexican (or whatever other) society. Yet immigrants from Mexico and other such nations, at least by many Americans, are treated as if they do NOT have to learn English (the primary language of the country), nor integrate into our general society. Instead, they are allowed to enjoy the benefits of living in our nation, yet still be able to essentially exist in their own satellite bubbles, not actually integrating into American society at large. Many not ever learning to speak a word of English, etc.

And again, objectively, this is not only accepted in the US, in most states it's even facilitated, especially in California. Yet this is most definitely NOT the case in reverse. Again, a non-Hispanic American, would be 100% expected to both speak Spanish and integrate into Mexican society, rightfully so.

It's an American (or Canadian, or Western) double standard that so-called "Liberals" push pretty hard for, that objectively speaking, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If I were to move to Japan, I would be expected to speak at least SOME Japanese, and to integrate into Japanese society and "do as they do". It would not, by any stretch of the imagination, be considered "okay" for me to move to Japan, and only speak English, and continue to act and live as if I still lived in America. Not only would that be considered obnoxious and ignorant (even rude and disrespectful) on my part, but I also wouldn't be able to really survive acting like that. And yet, again, immigrants to many Western nations, are able to do exactly this, and not only get away with it, but thrive acting thus.

It's just interesting, and frankly even a bit frustrating, to point out. Everywhere else in the world, you would absolutely be expected to adapt and acclimate, integrate. Yet in Western countries, nope. Makes zero rational sense.

Good Summary.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Good Summary.

No, it's a terribly reductive summary that completely extricates all subtleties and nuance of reality. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

Good Summary.

No, it's a terribly reductive summary that completely extricates all subtleties and nuance of reality. 

Not really. Countries I know that easily accepts people that makes ghettos certainly include USA and Canada, but won't be that tolerant on Middle East.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

Not really. Countries I know that easily accepts people that makes ghettos certainly include USA and Canada, but won't be that tolerant on Middle East.

"I won't be that tolerant on [folks from the] Middle East"

You literally just outed yourself as racist. How do you feel about that? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

I feel completely indifferent towards your opinion about me.

Will you counter and say that any country in Middle East you can be talking let's say Portuguese and being openly christian and that will be not only tolerated but applauded by local population and government policies?

Unless you lack reading skills to understand that it was being said about countries in Middle East (as compared to countries like USA and Canada) then you were just trying to make some dumb attack.

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

Will you counter and say that any country in Middle East you can be talking let's say Portuguese and being openly christian and that will be not only tolerated but applauded by local population and government policies?

Unless you lack reading skills to understand that it was being said about countries in Middle East (as compared to countries like USA and Canada) then you were just trying to make some dumb attack.

No, you literally said that you were going to be intolerant of someone based on their place of origin. By eliminating nuance and using a generalization to pre-judge, you've outed yourself as being bigoted. My 'opinion' on you as a person is irrelevant (though not very positive at all), you are a bigot based on your own admission and the words you've used to describe your intent. 

That's just one of many reasons to not like you. It's not the sole reason, but it's a contributing factor, to be certain. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Radek said:

Trudeau is a clown, good video about current situation in Canada.

Black Pigeon Speaks is a bigoted, racist, white nationalist.  

Last edited by dharh - on 26 March 2019

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

No, you literally said that you were going to be intolerant of someone based on their place of origin. By eliminating nuance and using a generalization to pre-judge, you've outed yourself as being bigoted. My 'opinion' on you as a person is irrelevant (though not very positive at all), you are a bigot based on your own admission and the words you've used to describe your intent. 

That's just one of many reasons to not like you. It's not the sole reason, but it's a contributing factor, to be certain. 

Yeah, sure, you clearly know better than myself what I wanted to say, kudos to you.

Have a great day.