By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did the Switch finally destroy Nintendo's "Kiddie" image?

Kids nowadays play COD, FIFA, and GTA so PS4 is indeed Kiddie compared to Switch

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:

That quote is nonsense, unless you make games exclusively for phones then yes you are competing with them, and the online app is not convenient at all, but I digress. So alright you have your reasons then, and even though I don't agree with them I sure wont call you stupid.

"It's not like Nintendo is against messaging friends," you say as we're unable to message friends on Switch lel.

And every past Nintendo console with online connectivity barring the DS let you message your friends. It's more so just something Nintendo hasn't implemented on Switch yet. They should've, but I won't bet against them not including it in the future. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

That quote is nonsense, unless you make games exclusively for phones then yes you are competing with them, and the online app is not convenient at all, but I digress. So alright you have your reasons then, and even though I don't agree with them I sure wont call you stupid.

"It's not like Nintendo is against messaging friends," you say as we're unable to message friends on Switch lel.

And every past Nintendo console with online connectivity barring the DS let you message your friends. It's more so just something Nintendo hasn't implemented on Switch yet. They should've, but I won't bet against them not including it in the future. 

It's been over a year, it's omission is clearly intentional at this point.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

We'll see.

cycycychris said:
potato_hamster said:

I could have sworn had voice chat for one of their testfires that was then removed before the game was released. I might be mistaken on it though. i can't find anything now that references that.

As a diehard Splatoon fan, I can tell you that the original Splatoon never had voice chat in the testfires or at any point in its lifespan.

Cool. Thanks. My bad on that one then.

Around the Network
TheMisterManGuy said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

We'll see.

How much more time needs to pass before until you believe?

Nope. Nintendo is still for kids

A console is often for the most part defined by its first party portfolio and for the most part those games are childfriendly games. Bayonetta is a 2nd party franchise at this point and i would hardly say Nintendos systems are defined by a game series like Bayonetta.
Nintendo Labo kind of reinforced this kiddie thing to be honest. I would still say that Nintendo is a child targeted platform.

Areaz32 said:
A console is often for the most part defined by its first party portfolio and for the most part those games are childfriendly games. Bayonetta is a 2nd party franchise at this point and i would hardly say Nintendos systems are defined by a game series like Bayonetta.
Nintendo Labo kind of reinforced this kiddie thing to be honest. I would still say that Nintendo is a child targeted platform.

Child friendly doesn't mean child-targeted necessarily. You can sell anything to older audiences provided you present it in an attractive fashion. Switch is kid-friendly, but it's not childish or kiddy. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
Areaz32 said:

Child friendly doesn't mean child-targeted necessarily. You can sell anything to older audiences provided you present it in an attractive fashion. Switch is kid-friendly, but it's not childish or kiddy. 

That is why i provided the context of their first party line-up. You will not find anything there, not designed for children. And in my opinion the first party games are what define the console.