By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would the competitive October 2018 affect the sales of Super Mario Party?

V-r0cK said:
twintail said:

None of those games are on switch. 

It will be fine

That's what I was thinking lol  Seems like Super Mario Party will have no competition so it'll do fine.

melbye said:
I don't think it will sell millions, but it'll do OK

Of course it will sell millions!  Nintendo is making a comeback and I'm sure Super Mario Party will too, and I believe it's going back to its roots that all the fans missed.   Almost every Mario Party has sold avg. 2m copies or more so. (Unless you're being sarcastic then ignore me lol)  I'll definitely be buying this game day one.

It did over 2 million on Wii U so hard to see it not doing at least that on Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Out of all those games releasing in October you think Super Mario Party is the one at potential risk? If anything I would think it would be the least likely to be affected considering how different Super Mario Party is from those games, and the fact that it is exclusive. But anyways I think all of them will be fine. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 17 August 2018

Super mario party shares zero platforms with all those games, so no. Very minimal impact at most.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

No because mario party is a completely different genre to those other games and is a great local multiplayer game.

No, but it will affect Switch sales. The Switch will be heavily overshadowed in that month with all those releases. But Mario Party appeals to a completely different market, so I doubt sales of that game would be affected. People who bought MK8D, 1-2 Switch and Mario Odyssey would most likely chime in on the new Mario Party and not care for those games if they don't own any other platforms.

Around the Network

Is the first big 4 player dedicated local party game on switch. A demand that was open until the switch launch. It is going to release in a really hot period of switch(the best Q of switch history probably), and it does not compete with all the other October releases in target audience. And legs for next year's.
I would bet it is gonna sell 5 million.

Their pre-orders at Amazon are still very good. Since its announcement, it has not dropped from the top 20. His trailer on the e3 was quite convincing.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Mario Party will outsell all of those games except for COD.

I can’t wait for it. Classic Mario party mechanics are back. Buying day one!

SMP will sell 4-5m lifetime regardless of its launch. It's looking to be a return to form for the series, and the first MP on the Switch, and has a bit of momentum behind it.