By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would the competitive October 2018 affect the sales of Super Mario Party?

With games like Assassins Creed O, Black Ops 4, Battlefield V, Soulcaliber, and Red Dead competing for sales, does Mario Party have any risk of being Titantfall 2'd?

I'll admit I feel that Super Mario Party is insulated a bit by being on an entirely separate system for the games, but I'd appreciate other points of view on this. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

No,it will not. Mario Party is the kind of casual title that keeps selling ages after release,even with big competition that month, I think the holiday will do more for the sales.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Mario Party would be the one title I'm sure wouldnt be "titanfall 2'd" out of those.
Soulcaliber or BFV would probably be the one at highest risk... though I'm sure they will all do fine.

I think it might actually benefit quite a lot from being the first major Switch game in several months.

twintail said:
KrspaceT said:

With games like Assassins Creed O, Black Ops 4, Battlefield V, Soulcaliber, and Red Dead competing for sales, does Mario Party have any risk of being Titantfall 2'd?

I'll admit I feel that Super Mario Party is insulated a bit by being on an entirely separate system for the games, but I'd appreciate other points of view on this. 

None of those games are on switch. 

It will be fine

Many Switch owners are multi console owners.  The games not being on Switch has nothing to do with the fact that they can impact the sales of a Switch game.

OT, I think it will be fine.  Mario Party is a family game, and those who would buy it will likely buy it anyway.  Those who pass would likely pass anyway.  Good local multiplayer games are hard to come by these days, so those that are looking for it will snatch it up regardless of whatever else is out there.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Mario Party is a legs game, it’ll be fine.

I don't think it will sell millions, but it'll do OK

I cant imagine many people in a store debating whether to get Mario Party or Black Ops/Red Dead, they appeal to such different markets that they wont affect one another.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

twintail said:
KrspaceT said:

None of those games are on switch. 

It will be fine

That's what I was thinking lol  Seems like Super Mario Party will have no competition so it'll do fine.

melbye said:
I don't think it will sell millions, but it'll do OK

Of course it will sell millions!  Nintendo is making a comeback and I'm sure Super Mario Party will too, and I believe it's going back to its roots that all the fans missed.   Almost every Mario Party has sold avg. 2m copies or more so. (Unless you're being sarcastic then ignore me lol)  I'll definitely be buying this game day one.

Super Mario Party doesn't care about the competition. (Just like how it doesn't care about friendships). It will sell because this is the Mario Party everyone has been wanting since Mario Party 8. (Which was 11 years ago)

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.