By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spyro Reignited Trilogy delayed to November 13

Dissapointing! But should mean all 3 games are on disc for the people that were up in arms about that.

Around the Network

How can this not be about the backlash that the second and third game wasn't on the disc

Barkley said:
Dissapointing! But should mean all 3 games are on disc for the people that were up in arms about that.

According to someone over on EG they say that there is still a download element... but this was just someone in the comments section, you'd think journalists would ask the question, but no.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

If this were on Switch then I say that date is a really bad move. But honestly this delay isnt that big of a deal. Sept is a pretty stacked month for games. I feel this move till Nov will help its sales out a lot more than if it stayed in Sept

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Since it's not been announced for Steam, I can't say I'm bothered, especially when I've got other games to play, and the one due at the end of this month will likely be taking up the rest of the year of my time, as well as BFA.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Now the "it wasn't finished so they had to make 2 games as DLC" won't make sense anymore.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Jranation said:
The game probably wasn't finished

It was finished 20 years ago 

Dissapointing but probably for the best. I see no reason why they can't have all three games on disc now.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 17 August 2018

RolStoppable said:
melbye said:
How can this not be about the backlash that the second and third game wasn't on the disc

Easy: Game 2 and 3 couldn't even meet the deadline for their patched version. When a AAA publisher announces such a delay, it should be clear that the developers really have a broken mess on their hands, because it has happened often enough that buggy games got shipped. It's essentially a situation where Spyro Trilogy couldn't be sufficiently patched until November, so delaying the release by two months is preferable to terrible word of mouth upon the originally planned September release. The expected long term damage to sales is notably greater than the short term gains by cashing in with a broken game before the packed holiday season release schedule.

And no, some online complaints about games not being on disc aren't something that bothers a AAA publisher.

If that is true then this release is going to be nothing but a tragedy

S.Peelman said:
They seen the backlash and are going to put everything on one disc now?

That is my guess.  If they are not now, they have no excuse IMO.

Last edited by Shiken - on 17 August 2018

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261