By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Diablo III took 9 months to port to Nintendo Switch

HollyGamer said:
Miyamotoo said:

You are wrong, fully basic graphic would mean that Switch version dont have those effects at all, while fact is that Switch version of Doom and Wolfenstein2 have almost all effects like PS4/XB1,

Maybe you are right , but not all perhaps even less then 30% of PS4 and Xbox One effect , and  most of them are of 7th gen graphical effect . So it's still not on the same graphical fidelity with 8th gen games. 

From some reason you are in some strong denying, i gave you clear facts that tells true. Only effects that I saw was absent for Switch version are some water effects (and that's not too noticeable because Wolfenstein 2 dont have plenty of water), most of others are presented, look some comparison video or read link that I gave you. No, in Doom and especially Wolfenstein 2 you have plenty affects you didn't had on PS3/360, even Wii U had some graphical effects that couldnt be possible on PS3/360.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
HollyGamer said:

Maybe you are right , but not all perhaps even less then 30% of PS4 and Xbox One effect , and  most of them are of 7th gen graphical effect . So it's still not on the same graphical fidelity with 8th gen games. 

From some reason you are in some strong denying, i gave you clear facts that tells true. Only effects that I saw was absent for Switch version are some water effects (and that's not too noticeable because Wolfenstein 2 dont have plenty of water), most of others are presented, look some comparison video or read link that I gave you. No, in Doom and especially Wolfenstein 2 you have plenty affects you didn't had on PS3/360, even Wii U had some graphical effects that couldnt be possible on PS3/360.

For some reason you actually the one who are super ultimately  denying 

Just watch 

https://youtu.be/PqnUHecJ01U

Not all that surprising to hear.

To begin with, many bigger studios don't sit around on a build of their in-house engine(s) running on ARM + Nvidia.

Starting the process when Switch first started to pick up would have been a bit of a gamble, as nobody knew how much optimization it would take, and what the upper bar would look like (thanks Panic Button), so it's likely most studios would assign quite a small team to the task.

Sounds like it ultimately wasn't that big of a hurdle for the cool dudes at Blizzard though, so even if their games are all on different engines, it should go smoother next time, what with inhouse knowledge on the matter.

A similar story is likely to arise from other big publishers that were initially on the fence.

This is all fine.

StarCraft Remastered, Please!

HollyGamer said:
Miyamotoo said:

Just watch 

And that link shows what exacty!? It certanly dont proves that Switch version has "less then 30% of PS4 and Xbox One effect , and  most of them are of 7th gen graphical effect". :D

I gave you link and quote from Wolfenstein 2 from Digital Foundry, game that's actually more demanding, more graphical impressive and more newer game than Doom, not to mentione that Doom was their (Panic Button) Switch first game so results will be better with later games.

Miyamotoo said:
HollyGamer said:

Just watch 

And that link shows what exacty!? It certanly dont proves that Switch version has "less then 30% of PS4 and Xbox One effect , and  most of them are of 7th gen graphical effect". :D

I gave you link and quote from Wolfenstein 2 from Digital Foundry, game that's actually more demanding, more graphical impressive and more newer game than Doom, not to mentione that Doom was their (Panic Button) Switch first game so results will be better with later games.

Of course they are not saying 30%  by their own words. But they are saying they "cut a lot of graphic  and affect to make the games run smoothly on Switch  ".  By that statement alone already prove that " a lot " means it's more then 60 % graphical down grade . And also if we can use PC as an example of downgrading graphic it's just like a cross gen games or should i say a potato version. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Miyamotoo said:

Of course they are not saying 30%  by their own words. But they are saying they "cut a lot of graphic  and affect to make the games run smoothly on Switch  ".  By that statement alone already prove that " a lot " means it's more then 60 % graphical down grade . And also if we can use PC as an example of downgrading graphic it's just like a cross gen games or should i say a potato version. 

Again:

"So, in terms of overall visual makeup, the main rendering features offered by id Tech 6 are present and accounted for. The same lighting solution is used across all versions, particles and effects are retained, volumetric lighting is in and direct and indirect shadowing is present. It may be soft, but this is the complete Wolfenstein 2 experience running on portable hardware."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-wolfenstein-2-switch-tech-analysis

Miyamotoo said:
HollyGamer said:

Again:

"So, in terms of overall visual makeup, the main rendering features offered by id Tech 6 are present and accounted for. The same lighting solution is used across all versions, particles and effects are retained, volumetric lighting is in and direct and indirect shadowing is present. It may be soft, but this is the complete Wolfenstein 2 experience running on portable hardware."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-wolfenstein-2-switch-tech-analysis

" It Maybe Soft "

This a clearly said it's not fully , or is attempt to say it's just a light version of the PS4 and Xbox One 

and also he said " Of course, there are compromises," 

"On Switch, the 3D water mesh is maintained but the quality of the rendering has been reduced, while caustics and screen-space reflections are completely absent. When combining these elements, you're left with something that no longer sits naturally within the environment. It's not bad, but it's certainly a step back. "

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 05 September 2018

HollyGamer said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again:

" It Maybe Soft "

This a clearly said it's not fully , or is attempt to say it's just a light version of the PS4 and Xbox One 

There is clear difference between "some game dont have some effect at all" and "effect is not of same intensity". So Switch supports and has most those effects like PS4/XB1 but in Switch case they dont have all same intensity because obviously Switch dont have same power, PS3/360 dont supports at all those modern effects.

Of Course they said that when that's true, Switch version of game runs at lower resolution and at 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS.

Miyamotoo said:
HollyGamer said:

" It Maybe Soft "

There is clear difference between "some game dont have some effect at all" and "effect is not of same intensity". So Switch supports and has most those effects like PS4/XB1 but in Switch case they dont have all same intensity because obviously Switch dont have same power, PS3/360 dont supports at all those modern effects.

Of Course they said that when that's true, Switch version of game runs at lower resolution and at 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS.

It's like saying PS3 and Xbox 360 can also have that graphic if the games run slower, blurier and with half the full affect. I am not saying Switch is equal to Xbox 360 or PS3.

In reality Switch is more of handled version of Xbox One/Ps4 like a Vita to PS3. And most of Vita games are like a powerful PS2 games just like Switch are a perfect port of 7th gen games. 

HollyGamer said:
Miyamotoo said:

It's like saying PS3 and Xbox 360 can also have that graphic if the games run slower, blurier and with half the full affect. I am not saying Switch is equal to Xbox 360 or PS3.

In reality Switch is more of handled version of Xbox One/Ps4 like a Vita to PS3. And most of Vita games are like a powerful PS2 games just like Switch are a perfect port of 7th gen games. 

You can say whatever you want, fact is that Switch graphics are not same generation of PS3/360.

In reality Switch is somewhere between PS3/360/WiiU and Xbox One.