By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blizzard says Overwatch On Switch Is feasible, but StarCraft 2 Isn't

Wyrdness said:
areason said:

GSL vs the World is more like fun show matches then an actual tournament, the players are literary voted into the tournament. And Serral didn't swatt Stats, the series was close. Not taking anything away from his win, but Maru has been dominating the most competitive league in the world.

If protos fast expands it can't cheese, it can't even pressure Zerg. Protos can only pressure Zerg after it gets 3 adepts, and they'l be coming from 1 gate so it will take a while. Mate the 12 worker strat really hurts cheese, before you could 6 pool and your opponent wouldn't have even started a gateway or a barracks, now if you 12 pool and use your larva on lings right away, you're gonna reach their base and see a completed rax. 

If you first or 2nd expand you're not going to push before the 6-8 minute mark unless you're zerg, and your initial harass won't come before 4 minutes. You can say that shield batteries really created a lot of cheeses for Protos, but they're also costly. 

Serral has won all major WCS tournaments before going on to win GSL vs World.

With this you just effectively told me you don't play on ladder at all as Protoss cheese while throwing down an expo on ladder all the time especially in the PvZ match up most Zergs on ladder go pool first as result because shield battery cheeses are incredibly strong. What a Protoss does is they cheese or all in you and you have to respond and respect the attack and while they're attacking many will throw down a Nexus behind it and wall off and to further add to it they can recall what ever units they were attacking with to save them for later, this undermines the game's fundamentals because Protoss was designed so that they can play from a base down and the Terran and Zerg had to be a base up now they're even on bases given them an econ boost that's if often brought up in Bnet.

With 12 pool if you're just building lings to cheese then no wonder you don't get what is being said as the most common cheese from Zerg is the ravager rush which is another strong attack as they'll attack your depots and rax and the splash damage from the bile makes repairs problematic.

Mate the WCS circuit is region locked, he's the best foreigner. not the best in the world.

I play ladder, and you have no clue what you're talking about. If protos is cheesing then they are all inning, they will not have the money nor the intent to through down an expansion. The ravager rush is not a cheese, it's a rush which is significantly later then a ling all in. All you need is a banshee/void ray a siege tank or an immortal and you stop it. Shield batteries cost 150, you can't expand and cheese, it isn't possible economically. Just watch how Has plays, he cheeses every game, and he never expands when doing so because it isn't possible.  

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Another fun fact about StarCraft 64 - it retained all the pre-rendered cut scenes from the PC game. Granted they were heavily compressed and pixelated but they were in there.

Only the intro Cinematic was retained... And it was shortened massively.
Speech in mission briefings was also removed, which in my opinion impacted the atmosphere and narrative of the game, especially with how great the voice acting was, thus I would have rather the full voiced dialog rather than FMV.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

areason said:
Wyrdness said:

Serral has won all major WCS tournaments before going on to win GSL vs World.

With this you just effectively told me you don't play on ladder at all as Protoss cheese while throwing down an expo on ladder all the time especially in the PvZ match up most Zergs on ladder go pool first as result because shield battery cheeses are incredibly strong. What a Protoss does is they cheese or all in you and you have to respond and respect the attack and while they're attacking many will throw down a Nexus behind it and wall off and to further add to it they can recall what ever units they were attacking with to save them for later, this undermines the game's fundamentals because Protoss was designed so that they can play from a base down and the Terran and Zerg had to be a base up now they're even on bases given them an econ boost that's if often brought up in Bnet.

With 12 pool if you're just building lings to cheese then no wonder you don't get what is being said as the most common cheese from Zerg is the ravager rush which is another strong attack as they'll attack your depots and rax and the splash damage from the bile makes repairs problematic.

Mate the WCS circuit is region locked, he's the best foreigner. not the best in the world.

I play ladder, and you have no clue what you're talking about. If protos is cheesing then they are all inning, they will not have the money nor the intent to through down an expansion. The ravager rush is not a cheese, it's a rush which is significantly later then a ling all in. All you need is a banshee/void ray a siege tank or an immortal and you stop it. Shield batteries cost 150, you can't expand and cheese, it isn't possible economically. Just watch how Has plays, he cheeses every game, and he never expands when doing so because it isn't possible.  

You play ladder yet don't know the cost of a shield battery and try to claim I don't know what I'm on about? Yeah sure mate, SB for a start cost 100 minerals the same as a pylon Has never expands full stop he can't function in a standard game want an example of what I highlight go watch Parting's stream on ladder he does exactly as I'm saying especially in PvZ. Your comments on Ravager rush is hilariously wrong go say that on Bnet I dare to go on there a claim Ravager rush is not a cheese you'll be blown out hard, the build even revolves around a 12 pool the same 12 pool you earlier said was a cheese so nice way to contradict yourself and the attack hits before any units are ready to deal with it especially if you expanded, Maynarde even casted a game of it yesterday on stream.

It's clear you have little clue on the ladder so don't reply to me with any more nonsense.

Wyrdness said:
areason said:

You play ladder yet don't know the cost of a shield battery and try to claim I don't know what I'm on about? Yeah sure mate, SB for a start cost 100 minerals the same as a pylon Has never expands full stop he can't function in a standard game want an example of what I highlight go watch Parting's stream on ladder he does exactly as I'm saying especially in PvZ. Your comments on Ravager rush is hilariously wrong go say that on Bnet I dare to go on there a claim Ravager rush is not a cheese you'll be blown out hard, the build even revolves around a 12 pool the same 12 pool you earlier said was a cheese so nice way to contradict yourself and the attack hits before any units are ready to deal with it especially if you expanded, Maynarde even casted a game of it yesterday on stream.

It's clear you have little clue on the ladder so don't reply to me with any more nonsense.

I don't play P, both ways a pylon and a couple of batteries in their natural or outside of it and you're going to have the cost of a nexus and more. And that's without looking at an early stargate or robo which means earlier gases and less minerals, and without looking at added production which again costs minerals. You don't know what a cheese is, a 4-5 minute push with roach/ravager is not a cheese, but instead an early push. A cheese would be anything that involves a proxy, or something like DT blink. It's like saying that a 2-1-1 terran 4 minute push is a cheese. I'm not contradicting yourself you just don't know what you're on about, a roach rush has a later timing then a 12 pool rush. Roach/ravager does not hit before any of your units are ready, unless you are going for a greedy build.

If you're bad and you die to cheese every time you need to learn how to scout, and how to react, instead of being mad and raging at the balance of the game. 

What parting does on ladder is irrelevant, you don't see protos players cheesing every game vs Zerg or even doing it often. The most common thing to do right now is an archon drop for harass. Has is the best cheeser in the professional scene and he's had 1 good run in all his WCS events in the past 4 years. 

Eh, kinda unrelated, but am I the only one who thinks Overwatch on Switch is a bit overdue at this point?

A Switch port would still sell decently regardless, but idk, I feel like the demand for it has died down within the past year since the Switch came put, I know for a fact I wanted Overwatch on Switch badly at one point, but now I don’t really care.

I’m just one guy though, so maybe it’s just me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
Eh, kinda unrelated, but am I the only one who thinks Overwatch on Switch is a bit overdue at this point?

A Switch port would still sell decently regardless, but idk, I feel like the demand for it has died down within the past year since the Switch came put, I know for a fact I wanted Overwatch on Switch badly at one point, but now I don’t really care.

I’m just one guy though, so maybe it’s just me.

Many games are overdue for the Switch. GTA V also comes to mind.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

areason said:
Wyrdness said:

I don't play P, both ways a pylon and a couple of batteries in their natural or outside of it and you're going to have the cost of a nexus and more. And that's without looking at an early stargate or robo which means earlier gases and less minerals, and without looking at added production which again costs minerals. You don't know what a cheese is, a 4-5 minute push with roach/ravager is not a cheese, but instead an early push. A cheese would be anything that involves a proxy, or something like DT blink. It's like saying that a 2-1-1 terran 4 minute push is a cheese. I'm not contradicting yourself you just don't know what you're on about, a roach rush has a later timing then a 12 pool rush. Roach/ravager does not hit before any of your units are ready, unless you are going for a greedy build.

If you're bad and you die to cheese every time you need to learn how to scout, and how to react, instead of being mad and raging at the balance of the game. 

What parting does on ladder is irrelevant, you don't see protos players cheesing every game vs Zerg or even doing it often. The most common thing to do right now is an archon drop for harass. Has is the best cheeser in the professional scene and he's had 1 good run in all his WCS events in the past 4 years. 

Ravager rushes hit at the 3 minute mark well done you just proved my entire point on your views on the ladder congratulations.

I don't play Protoss either yet know the values and costs of each unit you know why? Because it's required in understanding and debating balance that's no excuse what so ever, let me highlight how all over the shop your post here is you say a 4-5 minute push or attack is not cheese then go on to say DT blink is cheese despite that hitting at the 4 minute mark and then compare Ravager rushes to 2-1-1 pushes which hit at the 6-7 minute mark again do not reply to me with this non sense as you've proven you're more of a viewer of SC2 than someone who plays it often. Cheese is a fast all in attack simple as that.

You say scout guess what Protoss can hide tech anywhere on the map and tech like Twilight council can have 4 different types of attack when scouted and each require different responses, you can't scout what attack is coming you have to guess and the Protoss can deviate from the attack due to the added flexibility the econ gives. Let me get this straight you bring up Has but what Parting a far superior player does is irrelevant? Nice side stepping the argument you have no response for. I'll tell you again don't respond why this nonsense.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 17 August 2018

SC2 on Switch just doesn't make sense. Touch controls only work while Switch is undocked, so that's out of the question. They could utilise motion controls to simulate mouse, but there's nearly not enough buttons for macros/quick control group selection. It'd be a nightmare to control large amount of units. They would have to change that game A LOT and still it wouldn't feel like Starcraft anyway. Switch is more suited for turn based strategy games than RTS. 

Thats nice, but what does Panic Button think about that?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I wouldn't want StarCraft II or any RTS on console but I'd rebuy Overwatch on Switch in a heartbeat.

Signature goes here!