By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Starbucks Billionaire: You Can’t Have Healthcare Or College

lightningfunk said:

the people arguing that there should be free stuff really need to hit rock bottom so that they can learn something new like economics

You don't believe in free stuff?

Around the Network
lightningfunk said:
Wyrdness said:

UK's debt is also from other things I know because I'm from the UK a lot of it is to do with taxes from big companies not being paid and the rich using tax havens like Panama to dodge paying, look at your link the US' debt is bigger than UK, France and Germany combined.

USA's GDP is also bigger than all of them combined and they have a low percentage to GDP debt

UK is the financial capital of the world with business transactions all being done in London so a lot of money is made back from businesses from other countries using our financial network, I can tell you this as someone in that industry I know a fair bit about economics and such.

really? - don't seem like

Fact is health care and education are not the heavy contributors to debt like some of you are claiming as many countries with much lower economies have it,

USA has an almost $2trillion College Tuition debt and don't start me on Medicare pleaseeeeee

Libya when Gaddafi was in charge had no debt and had it in their system the country even paid every citizen who had a new born child 5000 quid

libya & other middle eastern countries have Oil money,don't compare it with normal economies

and even them,research Saudi Arabia how they are gonna run into problem as their Oil money decline and economy matures

so to put it bluntly the excuse of debt doesn't hold up. What contributes to debt far more than health care and education are all these conflicts across the world.

don't deny it but that is not related to what we are talking about much

1 Wrong US debt is 21 trillion dollar and GDP 18 trillion dollar do debt percentage is above 100% of the Gdp. 

Germany is debt is 2.45 trillion dollars and Germany is GDP is 3.6trillion euro's so almost 3.8 trillion dollars  so Germany is GDP surpasses its debt. The GPD of France and UK are alsoslightly, bigger than their debt. 

2. The banking and financial center in London is huge. 

3. US has plenty of oiliand oil money if I am not mistaken. 

4. Its very much related to thisthread however and a valid point when discussing debt. d

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

lightningfunk said:
Wyrdness said:

UK's debt is also from other things I know because I'm from the UK a lot of it is to do with taxes from big companies not being paid and the rich using tax havens like Panama to dodge paying, look at your link the US' debt is bigger than UK, France and Germany combined.

USA's GDP is also bigger than all of them combined and they have a low percentage to GDP debt

UK is the financial capital of the world with business transactions all being done in London so a lot of money is made back from businesses from other countries using our financial network, I can tell you this as someone in that industry I know a fair bit about economics and such.

really? - don't seem like

Fact is health care and education are not the heavy contributors to debt like some of you are claiming as many countries with much lower economies have it,

USA has an almost $2trillion College Tuition debt and don't start me on Medicare pleaseeeeee

Libya when Gaddafi was in charge had no debt and had it in their system the country even paid every citizen who had a new born child 5000 quid

libya & other middle eastern countries have Oil money,don't compare it with normal economies

and even them,research Saudi Arabia how they are gonna run into problem as their Oil money decline and economy matures

so to put it bluntly the excuse of debt doesn't hold up. What contributes to debt far more than health care and education are all these conflicts across the world.

don't deny it but that is not related to what we are talking about much

- USA's GDP is dependent on the dollar market being maintained some thing which China, Russia and various other countries threaten as they want to trade in other currencies which would remove US from the equations as far as trade goes that's the flaw in going by US GDP as the debt here is on far more shaky ground than other countries.

- Yeah really

- Again this can just be down to the US' inefficient approach to things many other countries have far less debt.

- Libya is a North African country not a Middle Eastern one, they have Oil but like Nigeria they have other resources they can make use of once Oil starts to falter I'm well aware of Saudi's econ situation that's the Middle East how ever not Africa much of the resources in the latter aren't e untouched.

- It's very much related because if you can spend an infinite budget on conflicts you don't need to be in which generate far more debt than health care and education aren't really a problem. The truth of the matter is higher ups don't want health and education integrated into the system because they make far too much money charging people for it so will tell you anything to try and pass off why it can't be done.

Qwark said:

1 Wrong US debt is 21 trillion dollar and GDP 18 trillion dollar do debt percentage is above 100% of the Gdp. 

look at the UK debt to GDP ratio

Germany is debt is 2.45 trillion dollars and Germany is GDP is 3.6trillion euro's so almost 3.8 trillion dollars  so Germany is GDP surpasses its debt. The GPD of France and UK are alsoslightly, bigger than their debt. 

look at UK's external debt,its far higher

3. US has plenty of oiliand oil money if I am not mistaken. 

really? - then why are people working.Why not like people in Saudi Arabia?

USA has alot of oil but it cost's alot to get it out of the ground unlike places like middle east

Wyrdness said:

- USA's GDP is dependent on the dollar market being maintained some thing which China, Russia and various other countries threaten as they want to trade in other currencies which would remove US from the equations as far as trade goes that's the flaw in going by US GDP as the debt here is on far more shaky ground than other countries.

the dollar as world reserve currency is a  whole other topic

- Again this can just be down to the US' inefficient approach to things many other countries have far less debt.

no the tuition fee makes college viable and the jobs after college degree valauble,remove this and college education is worthless if everybody gets it,it is simple supply and demand

- Libya is a North African country not a Middle Eastern one,they have Oil but like Nigeria they have other resources they can make use of once Oil starts to falter I'm well aware of Saudi's econ situation that's the Middle East how ever not Africa much of the resources in the latter aren't e untouched.

i meant that only,stop nitpicking and understand what the other person is trying to get at

- It's very much related because if you can spend an infinite budget on conflicts you don't need to be in which generate far more debt than

USA spends 4-5% of their GDP on military which is fair and not much

health care and education aren't really a problem.

they would be a problem if they were free

The truth of the matter is higher ups don't want health and education integrated into the system because they make far too much money charging people

i am well aware of high medical expenses and outrageous college tuition

but that is what is risk and reward system and makes medical innovation and good colleges that people from all over the world come to attend

Around the Network
lightningfunk said:
Wyrdness said:

the dollar as world reserve currency is a  whole other topic

no the tuition fee makes college viable and the jobs after college degree valauble,remove this and college education is worthless if everybody gets it,it is simple supply and demand

- Libya is a North African country not a Middle Eastern one,they have Oil but like Nigeria they have other resources they can make use of once Oil starts to falter I'm well aware of Saudi's econ situation that's the Middle East how ever not Africa much of the resources in the latter aren't e untouched.

i meant that only,stop nitpicking and understand what the other person is trying to get at

- It's very much related because if you can spend an infinite budget on conflicts you don't need to be in which generate far more debt than

USA spends 4-5% of their GDP on military which is fair and not much

health care and education aren't really a problem.

they would be a problem if they were free

The truth of the matter is higher ups don't want health and education integrated into the system because they make far too much money charging people

i am well aware of high medical expenses and outrageous college tuition

but that is what is risk and reward system and makes medical innovation and good colleges that people from all over the world come to attend

- The are a load of other topics that factor into this one that's the point.

- Again as other countries have proven education doesn't become worthless with another system in place.

- It's not nitpicking it's a big factor as the's a difference between the two regions, the fact that Trump thinks that one region is a shit hole in his own words yet that region has had countries that not only accumulate more wealth than most developed countries but have little or no debt at all while having health care and education integrated, that says a lot.

- From your own post you've said it's a problem not being integrated so clearly the are better options and examples to look at.

- Many countries with integrated education come up with just as many innovations if not more, the people going there from other parts of the world have their expenses and all paid for by the countries they're coming from as well which kind of undermines your point here.

Starbucks should first learn how to make coffee before Starting to invole in politics.

Cocos, strawberry chocolate is anything but not coffee. A ristretto without milk and sugar or an espresso without milk and sugar, thats coffee.

Wyrdness said:

- Again as other countries have proven education doesn't become worthless with another system in place.

it does when its free

- It's not nitpicking it's a big factor as the's a difference between the two regions, the fact that Trump thinks that one region is a shit hole in his own words yet that region has had countries that not only accumulate more wealth than most developed countries but have little or no debt at all while having health care and education integrated, that says a lot.

and where is that country compared to USA in living standards or world power?

- From your own post you've said it's a problem not being integrated so clearly the are better options and examples to look at.

i never said anything about integration

- Many countries with integrated education come up with just as many innovations if not more,

no it doesn't

the people going there from other parts of the world have their expenses and all paid for by the countries they're coming from as well which kind of undermines your point here.

new wealth created in countries like China which has earned that wealth going from a system like communism to capitalism is how that wealth was created

lightningfunk said:
Wyrdness said:

it does when its free

and where is that country compared to USA in living standards or world power?

i never said anything about integration

- Many countries with integrated education come up with just as many innovations if not more,

no it doesn't

the people going there from other parts of the world have their expenses and all paid for by the countries they're coming from as well which kind of undermines your point here.

new wealth created in countries like China which has earned that wealth going from a system like communism to capitalism is how that wealth was created

- No dude the are countries that flat out prove this wrong on many levels.

- During the era I'm referring to before western military interference it was close to developed countries like the US and those in Europe.

- Integration is how you make health care and education free.

- The last 2 parts makes no sense as what you said doesn't even match what you're replying to.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/22/us-life-expectancy-is-low-and-is-now-projected-to-be-on-par-with-mexico-by-2030.html

The US has basically the lowest life expectancy of all developed countries.

Besides, all the hardline defenders of "american exceptionalism" need to get their heads out of the sand, specially if they are talking shit of European nations. I should need not to remember most North Americans descent from either the poor and the rejected strata of society (such as prostitutes and drunks) or British religious zealots which more or less wanted to live on a Christian version of the Islamic State. So let's, uh, deflate our chests a little bit before talking, shall we?